Crying Wolf

We wake up all in Caroline's bed to Elena's phone ringing and we all complain for her to turn it off and she answers it. I was almost back to sleep when my phone starts ringing. I roll over and answer it.
    "Hey, Phoebe. Remember we have that tea party for the historic society and we need to go because of Elijah. Do you need me to pick you up from Caroline's?" She asks me.
   "Yeah, I'll be ready in 15." I tell her and she hangs up. I get dressed in a maroon skirt and a gray shirt. Jenna picks me up with my dad and we make our way to the Lockwood's. We hang out for a while and I'm pretty bored. This whole thing is basically for Elijah and I can never get him alone to ask him my questions. I actually can't find him at all right now. But what I do see is John talking to my dad and I make my way over to them.
   "Does Jenna know about your extracurricular activities? Maybe it's time we tell her. I mean she can't stay in the dark forever." He says to my dad.
   "Maybe we don't. She can stay in the dark as long as we want. Because you are only gonna be here until you get whatever it is you came for. So you leave Jenna out of it." I tell him.
   "You're a dick." My dad says back and I laugh. 
   "I don't think you should sleepover anymore. It's inappropriate with children in the house, and that ring Isobel gave you, that's mine. I'm gonna want that back." John tells him.
   "My god, John. We're not children anymore. I mean we know this towns darkest secret I think we can handle him staying at the house. And, he is my dad so he's my legal guardian so he can stay if he wants to. Just like you can because your Elena's biological father. So but out." I tell him and he walks away.
   "Are you okay?" I ask him. "He's been a real ass lately." I tell him and he smiles at me.
   "Language." He says. (Haha this remind me of Captain America saying language in Age of Ultron(: )
    "Fine." I tell him. "I'm gonna go find Jenna ok?" I tell him and he nods and I go to look for Jenna.

                               ▫️▫️▫️

Later Jenna and I are waiting for my dad to pick us up because he said we could stay with him. Jenna and him are obviously sharing a room and he said I could move in with him while John is here and Elijah can get in the house. He doesn't trust that he won't hurt me and wants me somewhere that a vampire can't get in without being invited. So, we told Jenna some lie about wanting to live with my dad because we want to be like normal father, daughter relationships. So he made the guest room in his apartment into a room for me. (I know his apartment probably doesn't actually have a room for her but just roll with it.)
Anyways, Jenna understood so now we're waiting for him. I have about 2 bags of clothes packed and everything of importance. We walk into the kitchen laughing while I tell her some joke Hunter told me the other day. When we go into the kitchen John is there and I immediately stop laughing.
    "Where's Elena?" John asks.
   "At the lake house for the weekend." Jenna tells him with some snark, which he deserves.
   "With Stefan." John says and I can hear the judgement.
   "Yes, with Stefan."
   "And who gave her permission for that?" John asks.
   "I did. Until you get a lawyer, file for guardianship, It's my call, and there's nothing you can do about it." She tells him and I smile at her.
   "I always knew you were lax with them, but I didn't think you were negligent." He says and I just roll my eyes at him.
   "She wanted to get away from you, ok, and so do I, so I'll be staying with Ric." She tells him and goes to walk away.
   "Because he's such a great guy, right?" John says and Jenna comes back.
   "You are on dangerous ground." She warns him and I nod with her.
   "He's a liar, Jenna. Did he ever tell you what happened to his wife? To your mom?" He asks us and I furrow my eyebrows. Isobel is dead.
   "She died." Jenna tells him.
   "Really? So they found her body?" John asks.
   "What are you saying?" Jenna asks him.
   "Why don't you ask Ric. I'd love to hear his answer. Have a great night." John says.
   "That was a low blow. Trying to turn us against him. He's a better guy than you are." I tell John.
   "And what about you Phoebe. Are you gonna go stay with friends to get away?" He asks me.
   "No, actually I'm moving in with my dad. He went and got custody. Because he cares and he's a good guy." I tell John and I walk away and go up to my room.

Later while I'm reading Naomi's 3rd journal, I get a call from my dad.
"Hey, dad. Are you ok?" I ask him through the phone.
"Yeah, I'm ok. Damon and I just ran into some werewolves. I told Jenna fell asleep so just tell I told you that to I guess. You can still move in tonight if you'd like." He tells me.
"It's okay. I'll wait until tomorrow. It'll be a little weird if you said I could but Jenna has to be here. I don't want to cause anything between you." I tell him.
"Ok. That'll be better it will give me more time to get your room together." He tells me.
"I told you that you didn't have to do anything to it." I remind him.
"I wanted to. This is a big step and I want it to feel like another home to you." He tells me.
"Okay, thank you. I actually have a question for you. Isobel, she's not dead is she?" I ask him.
"No, she's not. Damon turned her. Didn't Elena tell you?" He asks me.
"No, but she's been pretty busy with the whole curse thing. But, John brought it up to Jenna today. He's trying to cause trouble with you and her." I tell him.
"He can try. She thinks she's dead. She would never believe the truth." He tells me with a sigh.
"I'm sorry. But I will see you tomorrow. Move in day." I say with a smile and he chuckles and hangs up. I go back to reading more about Naomi and NM.