Chapter 1 Move-in

"Oh come on T, we're going to still see each other all the time, I'm only moving five blocks, it's time we had our own space,and you're getting closer with Drew anyway," Regina kissed her roommate's cheek. 

"I know but I don't like it," Tiana pouted at her long time roommate. "I have to live with a boy," Tiana whined. "You wanted to!" Regina giggled at her. "I know but still," Tiana sighed.

"You can come over anytime you want," Regina smiled, handing her a key. "Aww," Tiana smiled. 

Finally Regina's remaining boxes were packed up, "I hate that I have a shift, you sure you're okay I can send Drew over to get any last boxes you need?" Tiana asked. "No, I'm doing this myself, don't worry," Regina kisses her bestie's hand cutely and heads off getting in the car to pull her small u-haul.

Arriving the five blocks, she starts unloading, and is surprised. "Drew?" Regina asked stepping from the car. "You knew Tiana would send me to help you get this off here and get your bed put together," Drew smiled. 

"She is so sneaky," Regina shook her head. 

She didn't mind the help though, and Drew got everything done that she needed. "I'll take the u-haul back on my car, and you got the remaining boxes?" Drew asked. 

The door to Regina's new small one bedroom apartment was wide open and a man crosses in front of the door to stand in front of his, right across from hers. 

He turns his head and sees the pair talking, listening in a moment after he observes how attractive the brunette is. 

"You can tell your girlfriend Tiana that she didn't have to be that sneaky, I appreciated the help," Regina said. "Yeah, well you know Tiana, you're her best friend, therefore the boyfriend has to help," He shrugged. 

Drew  hugged Regina goodbye and they headed back downstairs to swap the U-haul onto his car and get her last box. 

The man across the hall had slipped inside but left his door cracked. 

Regina got her last box, and locked her car up, and headed inside. She was exhausted, and the box wasn't too heavy, but she tripped and dropped the box right outside her door. 

The man across the hall opened his door quickly, and saw the items on the floor, "You okay?" She heard the accented voice as she was scrambling to of course pick up board game pieces. 

He bent down and started to pick up the items with her, and put them in the box, "I'm okay..." she gaped at him as she looked up at him. 

The new stranger flashed a smile, "Hi," he added. "Hi... I'm .. moving in," Regina stammered a bit at the man with sparkling blue eyes. 

"Well I figured that, but I didn't want to ask and be Captain Obvious," He chuckled. "Right," She cringed at herself, slightly embarrassed. 

He helped pile the remaining items in her box and helps her to lift it and stand up. "Thank you," She smiled softly. 

"You're welcome," He grinned. "Guess we're neighbors now," He mused. "That's kinda a Captain Obvious thing," Regina said. 

"Right, true," Killian shifted. 

"I'm Killian..." He said. "Oh, I'm Regina.. I should... get unpacked," She shuffled past him into her box filled space. "Sure, I'll umm being seeing you around," He said. "I guess you will," Regina said shyly and shut the door. 

Killian sighed and tucked a hand in his pocket and slowly went into his apartment, shutting the door behind. 

Few days later, Killian can't help but sort of check on Regina. He hears someone knock at her door, and he peeks outside and hears a squeal of Regina and another woman hugging. 

"Oh the place looks great!" Tiana praises, of course Regina was able to unpack already. 

"Yeah it's coming together, just need some curtains there in the living room, and all done," Regina smiled. 

"Well I'm starved, let's brunch," Tiana tugged her. Regina grabbed her purse and was shutting the door behind them, "Well hello," Killian's voice greeted them.

Tiana gaped at bit at him, and looked him up and down. "Hello," Tiana smiled, and Regina turned around. 

"Oh this is Killian," Regina said. "Oh we know him?" Tiana asked hinting. "Yeah well silly me tripped on my last box, and Killian here helped me, given he heard it across the hall," Regina said.

"I see, Tiana," She introduces herself. Killian shakes her hand, "Hi," he smiled and looked at Regina. "I thought you were starving?" Regina asked. "How long have you lived here? Is there any problems in this building?" Tiana interrogated.

"Uhh no, been here about five years," Killian nodded. "I see and you live with your? Wife? Girlfriend? Three charming illegitimate kids?" Tiana pressed. 

Killian's eyes widen a bit, "Ummm, just me, I had a goldfish, if that interested you?" Killian joked. "Mmmm," Tiana nodded approvingly. "Well I'll leave you ladies to brunch, and umm I'll see you around," He waves casually and heads down the hall leaving. 

Once he's gone, Tiana wolf whistles. "Are you kidding me?" Regina scoffs. "What? He's really attractive," Tiana defends. "You're taken," Regina pokes her. "Not for ME, YOU!" Tiana laughs out loud. 

"Oh please," Regina rolls her eyes. "So he's not dashing, has a cute accent, GREAT hair, and teeth and smile and brightest blue eyes you ever saw?" Tiana listed off in exaggeration. 

"Well yeah I guess he has all those things, but first of all I just met him," Regina feigns. "So? He lives across the hall girl," Tiana states. 

"I know that, but that's even more reason not to pursue," Regina argues. "What?" Tiana rolls her eyes, dramatically. 

"Because say we date and then we have a horrible break up and we live across the hall from each other and have to be awkward and never move on, and all that drama," Regina listed off.

Tiana rolled her eyes, and glared at her friend, "Seriously?" 

"What? That's possible, I know nothing about him," Regina scoffed. "Yeah well it can start," Tiana smiled.

"Stop it, we are JUST neighbors, that's it," Regina insisted, and slipped her hand through Tiana's arm and started off to leave. 

"Mmhmm," Tiana mocked in a groan.