Chapter 5 Door

"So where were we?" The brunette feels up Killian's chest, wanting him to move in for a kiss. "Listen, I sort of told you what this was, we aren't having sex," he said gently. "Really? I thought that was just a funny trick to get me here, you really have a crush on your neighbor?" She sighed.

"Yeah I do, I just wanted her to think I was being a player," he admitted. "You're not? I see you took two girls home the past month," She teased. "Yeah well, one I actually was interested in and the other was just a random mistake, okay?" He jarred.

"Ok," She sighed and retracted her hand from him. "I'm sorry," he said sincerely. "It's okay, but I think you should tell her," She picked up her purse. He tucked his hands in his pocket and nodded guiltily.

In Regina's apartment

"Why is he so chatty with you?" James snapped. "What? He's my neighbor, we've hung out with his friends and sister, I won money off him," Regina shrugged. "He's awfully into you," James berates.

"No he's not, you saw him with a girl," Regina defended. "I don't think that's anything and he's clearly always checking you out, you want him don't you?" James chastised. Regina looked at him, and could tell he was getting angry, which she didn't expect.

"Well, I mean," Regina was caught off guard and didn't know what to answer. She couldn't deny she was indeed attracted to Killian, but she was seeing James and wasn't intentionally trying to wander her eyes.

"I don't like girls that play games Regina," James' tone changed harshly towards her. "I'm not playing any games," Regina feigned. "If you're just screwing with me, to get him angry I'm not into it," James snapped.

"I'm not," Regina shrugged. "You always swagger by him, you're trying to get his attention," James started to loom at Regina, which started to make her uncomfortable.

"I .. am.. not," She said nervously, feeling backed into a corner.

Across the hall

"I hope you admit your feelings soon," the woman said sincerely to Killian and pat his shoulder heading off. Killian tucked his hands in his pockets once more and his eyes traveled to Regina's door.

He began heading inside his place, and he heard Regina's voice as he hadn't before. "Stop it!" Regina shrieks, and Killian stopped in his tracks.

Staring at the door, he then heard James' voice scold, "Slut!" followed by a loud smack, and Regina wail.

Killian's blood burned into his veins and he quickly came up with something.

Backing into his apartment doorway he lifted himself with his arms.

The leverage he gained he flung himself feet first into her door. The door busted through the frame and broke down. He ran through and took in the immediate sight of Regina on the floor beneath James holding her face.

"Son of a BiTCH !!" Killian wailed and punched James in the jaw, ensuing a fight as he dominates over James and pushes him against the wall.

Regina texts Tiana in five seconds, and then gets to Killian, as James and he are squeezing each other in a battle of brutes.

"Stop it," Regina grabs Killian's shoulder. She stares at him with pleading eyes. He notices a cut on her lip where she bit it when James hit her.

"Stop..." She mutters. Killian looks at James, who's equally tempered. "You get the fuck out, and stay away from her or I'll make you that door," Killian sneers at him.

James pushes Killian off him, and Killian grunts at him angrily. "Clearly I was right," James snaps at Regina, Killian gently tucking her behind him.

Regina's POV

I did not expect any of that. The burning hit to my face, then Killian busting the door like superman, or anything that followed.

Killian watched James leave angrily, and turned to Regina out of breath. "You okay?" he asks her gently helping her to sit down.

Killian walks to the sink in the kitchen and obtains a wet cloth. Sitting on the coffee table he gently places it on Regina's cheek. "How is it that you guys just all know how to hit a girl right across the face?" She sighs.

"Real men don't hit. Real men hit men, who hit women," Killian said gently. Regina looked up under her lashes at Killian staring at her with a warmth in his eyes.

"You broke my door," Regina whispered as he held the cloth against her face, and lip. "Yeah well, the one time you don't leave it open," He smirks softly.

"I bit my lip," she moans. "Yeah, I know," Killian uttered at her.

"Thank you," She breathes at him, as his hand rests over the cloth against her cheek. Staring at each other with an anticipation, their eyes sparkling, Killian now calm from the incident, her face pulls closer to his.

A thin space between their lips, they are alerted, "Bastard!" Tiana shouts, racing through the open doorway. Killian and Regina look quickly to face her, and she stands with a bat. "Oh, you're okay," Tiana sighs putting the bat lower.

"Uhh, yeah," Regina stands up. "Drew was at work, so... bat," Tiana shrugs checking Regina and looking to Killian who stands up.

"Killian umm, happened to hear and busted the door down," Regina informed her. "And James' face I hope?" Tiana added.

"Yeah that too," Killian admitted. Tiana looked at him impressed, "Well, guess we can call you superman," she praised.

"Uhh, I don't know about that," Killian chuckled. "You okay Regina? I can stay tonight, since you have no door," Tiana volunteers.

"Uhh, right I have no door, umm," Regina breathed. "I can keep watch on her, can I borrow that bat?" Killian asked with a grin.

"Sure, you okay with that Regina?" Tiana asked. "I'm.... more than okay with that," Regina smiled softly at Killian.

"Mmhmm I bet you are," Tiana smiled. "You're perceptive," Killian commented. "You're way more her type," Tiana informed with a wink.

"Am I?" Killian said cheerfully to Regina. "Ok ok," Regina rolled her eyes.

"I'll umm go get us all something to eat, you two... finish what you were doing," Tiana said leaving the bat and heading out.

Killian breathed, "She reminds me of my sister," he mused.

Regina walked to him and looked up at him shyly, "You don't mind staying here without a door?" She asked. "No of course not," he shook his head gently.

"Thank you," Regina said. "You said that already," He smirked. "Oh right," she blushed. Killian gently touches the small cut he sees on her lip, and with his thumb gently moving on it, he lowers and kisses the spot.

Regina turns to meet the rest of his mouth with hers and they kiss slowly, as his hand slips into her hair.

Regina's POV

That kiss was worth the wait