Chapter 5: Ghost!?

I woke up in the middle of night to use the bathroom. Those red bean buns my mom made hit the spot!

After I was done using the bathroom I went downstairs to get a glass of water.

I'll be honest again, everytime I go downstairs alone it creeps me out so much. I feel like a ghost or something is watching me but, maybe I was just scared.

I looked at the pictures on the wall and remembered when they were taken. I was about 4 years old then.

Yoshiro looked way better than me back then, he still is... If I was more noticable then maybe the girls would cling onto me.

But, you see after I was rejected I realized I didn't want to ever be in a relationship. I don't want to ever like someone again.

Someone started walking down the stairs and I got paranoid.

"What are you doing down here." Yoshiro said

Phew, it was just my brother...

"Just drinking some water... Why'd you come down here all of a sudden?" I asked

"I felt like I heard you down here that's why. You always wake up in the middle of the night to get water!"

"Ugh, go back to bed." I said

Yoshiro went back upstairs, maybe he actually just came down here to check on me like older siblings do.

I placed my glass in the sink.

I was about to wonder my way back upstairs but I heard a noise at the front door.

I grabbed a baseball bat from the living room. I bet it's a ghost! For sure!

If someone or something dies today I am very sorry.

I opened the door and a man with a mask on and had guns stood there.

"Holy-"

He covered my mouth and took his mask off revealing who he was.

"Shh or you'll wake the others up!" My dad said

I totally forgot! My dad is a SWAT team member and he doesn't get off until like around midnight which is now! He almost scared all the red bean buns I ate earlier out of me. Even if it was a ghost, how would a baseball bat kill them. I need to start thinking before I act.

"You scared me." I sighed

"I'm sorry, I was trying to get my keys out to open the door but you happened to open it for me." He explained

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going to bed."

I went back upstairs still shook.

Looks like I'm staying up all night...