Oh. My. Goodness.

"T...T...Tony St...Stark?" If my jaw was open any wider it would be going through my floor.
     "The one and only, and, if I'm not mistaken, you are Y/N L/N, or perhaps you would prefer Blizzard?" How on earth does he know that? 
     "How? When? Why!" I have no words. This man, this... this legend broke into my appartment! Which, now that I think about it, is kind of creepy. "Why are you in my house?" I tried to stay calm.
     "I know what you're capable of kid, you would be very valuable to the team."
     "The... the team? Like the Avengers!" I squealed like a child.
     "Yes the Avengers," he chuckled and smiled a bit, "So what do you say kiddo, are you ready to be an avenger?"
       I don't think I could answer loud enough "Absolutely! I... I mean yes sir." Smooth Y/N.
      "Alright, I'll have Happy come by tomorrow and pick you up. I'll have you meet the team and we'll set you up a room if you need it. Be ready by 9:30" he started to walk out of the room.
     "Thank you, Mr. Stark, sir. You won't regret this" I smiled brightly.
      "I know I won't kid." He left and I sat in my room bewildered at this new opportunity. How am I going to be an Avenger? I couldn't even tie my own shoes until seventh grade! Now I'm "one of Earth's mightiest heroes!"
      It must have been later than I thought, because I got a text from Peter "Hey, Y/N where are you?" Crap.
     "On my way, sorry..." I quickly ran out the door grabbing my purse.
      I practically sprinted to the pizza place we go to, and made it to our normal corner booth. "Hey everyone" I panted.
     "Hey Y/N, you ok?" Ned asked.
     "Yeah. Yeah, perfect" I paused to catch my breath, "Ok, are we ready to order?"
     "We already did... we got you coke and your usual" Michelle slid a glass of coke over to me.
      "Thanks" I smiled. We ate and talked like normal, debating what we would watch later. Star wars, a Disney movie of some kind, an obscure film older than our parents, the usual suggestions. We ultimately decided not to watch a movie and to just play card games at Peter's instead.
      When we arrived, the five of us went straight into his room, and we began to play the game BS, a game I have been told I am great at.
    We played for a while going through the rotation, then it was my turn once again,"One ace" I said, confidence filling my tone.
        Peter looked me dead in the eyes "Bull." The pile was huge I stared right back.
        "Are you sure you want to do that?"
       "Definitely," he chuckled slightly
       "If you insist" I smirk and reveal the card to show that I had told the truth. It was satisfying seeing him grab practically the whole deck. We played the same game for hours (I won every time by the way), then it was time to leave, but I didn't want to. So, since I had been lying all night I figured one more lie couldn't hurt so I sent my mom this message: "Staying the night at Michelle's, be home by 11 tomorrow. Thank you!" She usually let me stay with her, so she shouldn't question it.
      "So Peter can I... you see..." I took a deep breath. Well time for another lie, "So the truth is... the reason I was late today was my leg was hurting really bad for no reason and I was stuck in bed, and now it's worse and..." I brought fake to tears to my eyes. Thank you acting skills!
      "Oh no worries I chould just sw..." he held out that sound for a really long time, "Swoop you right into our gest bed!" He then, out of nowhere, picked me up and carried me to the livingroom couch. He then blew up an air mattress for me, then picked me up and laid me down on it. Not gonna lie here, that was hot. I was this close to kissing him, but ultimately I decided that would be weird.
    He brought me some pillows and blankets then sat down next to me.
      "I hope your leg feels better tomorrow Y/N" he sighed and stroked my arm gently.  I absentmindedly hugged him around his waist and cuddled up next to him. I was quickly becoming more and more tired. Peter cuddled up next to me and wrapped his arms around my freezing body.
     "You're shivering," he whispered. Was I? I practically did it all the time, I guess I'm just used to it.
     "Yeah I'm just a little cold..." he grabbed another blanket that was on the couch and wrapped me up in it, before once again wrapping his arms around me. I rested my head on his chest, and as I drifted off into sleep I felt myself stop shivering for the first time in years.