Here We Go Again

The ride to Richie's house was quiet, almost too quiet for your liking. No cars passed you by on the street, no dogs barked, and the ground below you didn't make a sound as you peddled wearily on the old street. It was like a calm before the storm, everything was fine until something major happened which would cue all the sounds in the world that they could start sounding once more. As you got closer to Richie's house, the sun began to set, which showed an array of colors splattered across the sky. It cast a beautiful glow across your face, and if Richie saw you he wouldn't be able to turn away.

When you had finally arrived at Richie's house, you quickly set your bike up in the lawn and ran into the house, making sure to lock the door behind you. However, once you locked the door, you felt like something was off. You took a brief glance around the living room, but nothing seemed out of place. Everything was where it was last. So, you stepped closer to the kitchen, but when you walked in there everything seemed fine.

"It's probably my nerves or something." You mumbled to yourself as an attempt to keep yourself calm. Upon deciding that it was, in fact, your nerves, you made your way back to the couch and sat down, trying to keep calm. But it was to no avail. You still felt weird, like something was watching you. 'What if someone's in the house with me?' You thought but quickly pushed it out of your brain, not wanting to dwell on something as creepy as that. So, in another attempt to calm down, you simply laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling; And it worked for a while.

That's until you heard something crash from upstairs.

You bolted upright and snapped your head to the direction of the stairs, your heartbeat increasing. You slowly set your feet down on the cold wooden floor. You stood up slowly and began to walk towards the stairs, sweat now building up on your face which was now pale with fear. You couldn't help but wonder if that clown had anything to do with. 'God I hope not.' You thought as now your feet touched the stairs and began to walk up to them.

On the walk up from the stairs, you noticed that pictures were lined up correspondingly to one stair. The pictures featured Richie's family at parks, campsites, lakes, and more. You thought they were cute as your family never took such pictures. 'Shit! My family! What if they're home from their trip!' You figured you'd have to call them after you found out what the hell that noise was. Once you reached the top of the stairs, you felt something cold against your foot. You jumped slightly and looked down to see a cracked picture of Richie, his mom, his dad, and the-

"Clown." You whispered as you looked at the horrifying picture. The clown's grin was twisted in an evil smile. One arm he had stretched out to the right which was holding a red balloon, and the other was wrapped around Richie himself. You stared at the picture with big eyes, wanting that clown to be anywhere but that picture. You quickly dropped the picture and left it on the ground and walked away from it. But as you were walking away, you heard a whisper come from behind you.

"Y/N, come back!" The voice said. It was dry and raspy and cold all at once. Instead of complying, you continued walking down the stairs, trying your best to avoid that demon clown. "Please?" The clown pleaded. "I don't want to hurt you, Y/N." That comment made you stop dead in your tracks. Behind you, you heard shuffling and finally, the crack of broken glass. 'Did he-?' "Turn around, Y/N." The clown's voice was now demanding and hurtful like knives.

"I don't want to." You mumbled just loudly enough so It could hear you. You stayed put for what felt like forever until you felt a pair of greasy arms grab your shoulders and forcefully turn you around. Once you had turned around, you were met with none other than the clown, staring dead into your soul.

"Why didn't you want to face me?" The clown asked as tears rolled down his face. "Is it because I'm ugly?" You were now backing away from the clown. "Don't back away from me!" It yelled. You didn't care and began to run down the rest of the stairs, but you soon tripped over one of them causing you to fall to the ground.