IT Got Beverly

One month. It's been a full month of complete isolation from the Losers. One month of boring family movie nights. One month of sitting at home, daring yourself to call Richie or any of the Loser's, but you never did. One month of wasting away, but today was different. Today, you encountered a member of the disbanded group at the Drug Store. That member was none other than Eddie Kaspbrak.

You first saw him sitting at the counter filing an order for his medicine. You ultimately decided not going up to him to say hello because of how everyone blew up in each other's faces the last time you all talked. However, you began second-guessing their decision when you saw Greta enter from the back room and sit down at the counter. You looked at Greta to see that she was analyzing Eddie's cast he gained from the Neibolt House incident. She must've sensed your staring because she quickly snapped her head up, causing you to look down and pretend to be interested in the item closest to you.

"You know it's all bullshit, right?" Greta said.

"What is?" Eddie asked.

"Your medication," Greta answered. "They're placebos." 'Oh, so now she tells him,' You thought.

"What's pa-cee-bo mean?" Eddie asked.

"Placebo means bullshit," You heard Eddie sigh like he just found out a revolutionary fact which angered the hell out of you. You tried for years to tell him that, but he never listened. However when Greta, one of his biggest bullies ever, tells him that he believes it? 'Fucking asshole.' "No signatures or anything? So sad."

"I don't want it to get dirty," Eddie responded. 'Classic.'

"Oh yeah? I'll sign it for ya," Greta said, and you heard the sound of a sharpie being opened at the sound of Eddie's cast being written on. You heard the cap close, and that's when Greta walked away and purposefully bumped your shoulder on her way. "Little shit." She mumbled as she walked by you, and then she left the building.

Eddie turned around to see who she was talking to, and that's when you saw him and some writing on his cast. "Do you believe me now?" You asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I tried convincing you for years that your medicine was shit," You said. "but of course you never believed me. I just can't believe that it took a bully like her to get you to wake up."

"Look, Y/N, I'm not in the mood to fight," Eddie sighed. "I'm sorry alright?" It was then that Eddie's casted arm was in clear view, and that's when you saw that Greta wrote the word 'Loser' in black sharpie on it.

"You let her write that?" You asked as you walked closer to Eddie. He nodded yes. You rolled your eyes and grabbed a red sharpie. You then yanked Eddie's arm closer to you.

"Woah, Woah, Woah," Eddie shouted. "What are you doing?!"

"Fixing one of Greta's many mistakes," You answered as you wrote the letter 'V' over the 'S' in the world, changing it to 'Lover'. "There. You're not a loser. You're not a fighter. You're a lover, and you should keep it that way." You said as you began to walk out of the shop.

"Didn't you need anything?" Eddie shouted, and you shrugged your shoulders.

"Yeah, I needed to apologize to you," You answered as you turned around to face Eddie. "I didn't need anything. I knew that today was your day to collect your bullshit, so I decided that it was the best time to apologize to you."

"You're just saying that because they didn't have what you were looking for, aren't you?" You chuckled.

"Eh, kinda," You said truthfully. "But I still mean it though."