The Finale Part 1

One by one, everyone began to leave the library and get in their cars to go back to where it all began. You gave Eddie back his keys so he could drive his car, and you drove with Richie to Neibolt. Throughout the whole car ride, you were anxious. You were scared that something bad was going to happen to the group. 'What if we don't defeat It?' You thought. Your leg bounced up and down until eventually Richie put his hand on your thigh. You were close to the house, and the road was empty so driving with one hand wasn't an issue.

"Y/N/N, what's wrong?" He asked. You avoided Richie's glances and looked outside of his car window. The car had come to a stop at a red light, so that allowed Richie's glances to become more like stares.

"I'm scared," You admitted. "I'm scared we're gonna lose. I'm scared somethings going to happen. I'm scared I'm gonna die. I'm scared-" Richie interrupted your rant by kissing you on the lips. Your eyes widened, but nonetheless you kissed back. The only thing that broke you two apart was a car honking from behind you. You both jumped, and Richie immediately started driving. You were both quiet for a few seconds before you heard Richie chuckling like a little kid. "Why are you laughing?" You asked.

"Do you remember the day we first came to Neibolt?" Richie asked, and you nodded. "Well, remember how when I walked into that room and I started freaking out about a stupid missing poster I saw? What did you do to calm me down?" You thought for a moment before answering, and smile spread across your face when you remembered.

"Let me go!" A younger Richie yelled at you as you clasped your hands on his shoulders to try and stop him shaking. "What the fuck! It says I'm missing!" Richie was now shaking you back and forth as an attempt to loosen your grip on him. Instead of letting go, you did something pretty stupid that when looking back made you cringe.

"I kissed you," You said, and you shook your head in disbelief. "God that was dumb of me." You laughed a little bit and looked down at your lap.

"I only did that so you would shut the fuck up,' A younger you said to a blushing Richie.

"Was I that stupid to kiss you?" You asked, and Richie laughed.

"You were, but do you understand what I'm getting at?" Richie said, and you raised an eyebrow. "You kissed me because you wanted to shut me up-"

"And because I was in love with you."

"Besides the point," Richie said, and he then pulled up to Neibolt house. He parked his car, but the two of you didn't leave nor unbuckle your seatbelts. You looked him in the eyes. You could tell he was holding something back, and you knew what exactly what he was preventing himself from saying. "What I'm saying is, you kissed me to calm me down, and now I'm doing the same thing. Everything will be ok, I promise." You breathed in before responding to Richie.

"Ok, I believe you," You said, and Richie smiled. "Let's finish this once and for all." You and Richie both unbuckled your seatbelts and then exited the car. You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, so you took it out to see a text from Eddie.

Watch the road, asshole.

You blushed in embarrassment as you realized he was the one that caught you and Richie kissing. However, instead of laughing and moving on, a part of you was worried. You knew about Richie and Eddie's quite possible relationship, but did Richie still like, or hell even love, Eddie? You didn't care if he did, love is love, but you weren't going to lie to yourself. It would hurt a lot considering he was the first person you loved. You then began to think about Eddie? How did he feel? Did he still like/love Richie? You had no idea how big their relationship was considering you moved away, but what if it was better then yours? You decided that instead of worrying about it now, you'd talk to Eddie and Richie after Neibolt.