Chapter 3

K O T A

Once you finish Monday it's all smooth sailing right? Wrong.

Tuesday feels even longer than Monday did, and my day has barley even started.

I miss summer when I didn't know what day it was and I could sleep all day.

Unfortunately summer is over and I'm on the way to math class.

There was someone crouched down in the hall way, now this is going to sound crazy but this is the perfect opportunity to play leap frog.

I backed up a little to get a running start, and jumped over the unknown person.

Kota Taylor sticks the landing and the crowd goes wild.

Not really but it's the little things, and I have to go sit through math class next to that annoying je-

"Quite the show there sunshine"

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Of course the one time I decide to play leap frog it's with Holden fucking Hayes.

With his stupid annoying smirk and his incisive need to put his arm around my shoulders.

"Can you not?" I shoved his arm off my shoulders and quickened my pace.

Of course Holden being obnoxiously tall caught up to me easily.

"You mean this?" He put is arm back on my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. "You're the one who jumped over me like a frog, so now I'm getting in your personal space, makes things even."

"Fine, and for the record if I had known it was you I never would've done it."

He stopped short making me stop with him; reverse psychology; if he thinks I don't care he'll get bored and stop.

"You're giving up just like that? Now that's not the Kota Taylor I know and love.... to annoy"

Someone's getting cheeky.

I just shrugged, we had started waking again and we're about to walk into our class when he stopped again.

Holden turned to face me and began staring into my eyes, I was little uncomfortable to be honest I mean he was staring right in my eyes.

A look realization crossed his face before a smile appeared. He bent down to my ear.

"I know what you're doing sunshine and it's not going to work."

He began to walk away but he stopped and called over his shoulder, "Reverse psychology doesn't work on me you'll have to try harder than that."

And just like that he was gone.

Great my plan didn't work, and now I'm all flustered. Not to mention this stupid permanent marker is still on my arm and knowing what I now know he'll eat that shit up and I'll never hear the end of it.

***************

"You know what I think sunshine?"

"No, but I'm sure you're going to  tell me."

I currently had my head down on the desk attempting to get rid of this headache; key word here attempting.

Three classes with Holden can do that to a person, he never shuts up and that's coming from someone who always has something to say.

"I don't think you're as mean as you try and come off as."

Is this guy serious? Did he ever stop and think maybe I'm just mean to him because he's so annoying?

"Well I guess you've got me all figured out don't yo-"

I clutched my head and put my head back down on the table. What I would do for some ibuprofen right now.

Note to self: Bright lights and headaches don't mix well together.

"Kota? Are you ok?" Holden put his hand on me and started rubbing my back.

That feels really good not even going to lie, I don't even care that Holden is touching me. The distraction from th-

*beep*

Fuck, why do they make those bells so loud? Don't they know people get headaches?

At least it's lunch, hopefully Jonah will have some medicine or he'll just kill me...Either way I'm fine.

I sat down at our table not in the mood to eat. Maybe I'm dehydrated? Probably...will I do something about it? Probably not.... I'm not exactly the brightest.

"Rough day?" Jonah asked sitting down beside me.

"You have no idea. Do you have any legal drugs."

I heard him shuffling around in his bag.

"Sorry I'm all out, Noah was a total drama queen at practice last week."

Not having the energy to reply I put my arms on the table and put my head on them trying to block out the light and noise.

*Tap*

Could everyone just leave me alone today? What is it annoy the shit out of Kota day?

"What do you wan- Holden I'm really not in the mood right now."

"Yeah I know, but I noticed you weren't feeling that great in Science and I had some ibuprofen in my locker... and I thought maybe it would help," he scratches the back of his neck almost as if he was embarrassed.

Huh... I guess Holden Hayes really does have a heart... and isn't as much of an annoying jerk as I originally thought.

"Umm, thanks..."

"Uh.. yeah no problem, my mom used to get really bad head aches so I know the signs."

He awkwardly excused himself and went back to his table of friends.

I downed the pills with some water and laid my head back down on the table.

Maybe I've been a little to harsh on the guy... I mean I did push him out of his chair twice... but then again he did kinda deserved it both times....

I guess it doesn't matter who was wrong and who was right.

But perhaps there's more to Holden Hayes than I originally gave him credit for.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Words count: 955

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Words count: 955

Updates every Friday :))