Chapter 5

[Mina's POV]

When the ambulance finally arrived, Chaeyoung is immediately sent to the nearby hospital.

Once Chaeyoung is pushed into the ER, I waited outside.

About half an hour later, I heard some footsteps and I looked down the corridor and saw Chaeyoung's parents.

"What exactly happened huh?" Chaeyoung's dad asked.

"Chaeyoung... He saved me from getting run over by a truck." I said and looked down.

"Juho!" I heard a scream from afar and I remembered that Chaeyoung's dad is called Juho.

I looked up and saw an old lady.

"Mum? Why are you here?" Mr. Son asked.

"What happen to my dearest Chaeyoung?" The lady I assumed who is Chaeyoung's grandma asked.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Son." I said and bowed.

"I recognize you. Chaeyoung told me that you're his girlfriend." Mrs. Son turned to face me and said.

"Chaeyoung got into an accident because of me. He tried to save me from getting run over by a truck but in the end, he's the one that's getting run over." I said.

"What?! My Chaeyoung..." Mrs. Son cried out as her knees turned jelly.

"Mum!" Mr. Son exclaimed and held Mrs. Son to the chair nearby.

"I knew it... I knew it that you will not be the girl that he will be looking for. Or else, he wouldn't get into accident after getting together with you for 2 days." Mrs. Son said and I looked down.

"I'm sorry for what happen to him. I promise, I will stay by his side and take care of him." I said.

"Save your promise. I will never ever let you have any chance to get close to Chaeyoung." Mrs. Son said.

I then went to a bench far away from them and sit there, waiting for the results.

After 17 hours, the door finally opened and the surgeon walked out.

"How is he?" Mr. Son asked and I stood quite a distance away from them.

"His skull managed to save his brain from being severely damaged but that doesn't mean that his brain is completely saved. We managed to stop his head from bleeding and the internal bleeding of his brain. But for better treatment, it's better if he were to go to States. There is a specialist for brain damage and the specialist will be able to treat him." The surgeon said.

"So does that means that he won't be awake?" Chaeyoung's mum asked.

"Yes. But this is just temporary. Once he received the treatment and recovered, he will be able to wake up." The surgeon said.

After that, the surgeon left and Mrs. Son went to me.

"It's all because of you!" Mrs. Son exclaimed and was about to slap me but Chaeyoung's mum stopped her.

"Mum, people are watching." Chaeyoung's mum said and Mrs. Son looked around and saw a few people looking at us.

She put down her hand and walked away angrily.

She then went to Chaeyoung's ward and Chaeyoung's parents followed suit.

I stood outside Chaeyoung's ward and watch him.

'I'm sorry Chaeyoung... Because of me... You have to suffer...' I thought and wiped the tear that escaped from my eye.

I decided to leave the hospital and visit him tomorrow since Chaeyoung's mum is staying over in Chaeyoung's ward.

When the next morning arrives, I went to the hospital and went to Chaeyoung's ward.

But I didn't see him around anywhere.

I then went to the counter and ask the nurse.

"May I know where is Mr. Son Chaeyoung?" I asked.

"He have already discharged this morning." The nurse said.

"Discharged? About what time?" I asked and the nurse flipped through the thick file.

"About 5:30 am." The nurse said.

"Oh, thanks." I said and left the hospital.

'How can he discharge from the hospital? Couldn't be that Mrs. Son bring him to States for treatment?' I thought and run to the company.

I went to the CEO's company and knocked a few times before opening it.

"Mr. Son?" I called and looked around but I can't see him around.

I then asked his secretary and his secretary told me that he will be overseas for about 2 years.

"Why so?" I asked.

"Aren't you manager's secretary? Don't you know the reason?" The secretary asked and I shook my head.

"Well, manager got into an accident yesterday and Mr. Son sent manager to States for treatment." The secretary said and I thanked her before leaving.

'So they really sent Chaeyoung overseas for treatment... But I guess it will be better for him... And also, he can take this chance to leave me, someone who made him suffered badly.' I thought and went to my desk.

I then looked into Chaeyoung's office and look at the empty seat.

After a few minutes, I turned on my laptop and typed my resignation letter.

After that, I emailed it to Mr. Son and I started packing my stuff.

When I finished packing my things, I walked down to the lobby and returned my pass.

After that, I left the company.

But I don't have much money left after I resign so I immediately start looking for another job.

What's worse is Bambam is actually looking for a secretary and he say that he will pay me 2 times more than what Chaeyoung paid me.

I really need money after I was left jobless for 2 months so I got no choice but to agree.

I have housing loan, phone bills, utilities bill, bank loan, petrol gas, my transport fee and my meals to take care of.

Bambam have touched me inappropriately a few times but I can't stop him.

He always use my salary to threaten me and I don't have Chaeyoung to support me.

I'm all left alone, just like what my parents did to me.

My dad died when I was 9 years old.

My mum remarried and abandoned me when I was 16 years old.

It's been a torture of years for me but I managed to survive.

Now, I just wish that I have a guy that will take care of me forever and will love me for who I am.

I thought I found one but it turns out that I'm a threaten to his life.

So what if I love Chaeyoung?

There is no blessings from the family members and us being together without blessing will be a torture.

So I guess, it'll be the best if I leave him and let him enjoy his happy life with his truly Mrs. Right.

____________________________________

Boring chapter... Sorry about that...
Please vote and support me!
Hope you enjoy reading.
Thanks for reading!