Chapter 8

[No one's POV]

A few days later, Chaeyoung's company held a charity event.

The event is held every year at this date to help the ones in need.

Chaeyoung's company organized a charity event and Mina as well as her boss attend for it.

While Mina and her boss are going around to chat with the guests, suddenly, someone showed up.

"Bambam?" Mina mumbled.

Bambam came and tried to mess up the event.

"Stop, what are you doing? Why are you here?" Mina asked.

"Well, it's a charity event right? Which means everyone can participate in it. Why can't I come here?" Bambam said.

"Unlike you. You hypocrite. You must be her boss right?" Bambam asked Mina's boss and he nodded.

"Well, let me tell you. She isn't as good as what she seems. She went around picking up rich guys and S company's manager was one of her target before. Beware, you might be the next one." Bambam said and Mina was about to slap him but someone came to stop her.

"Who are you?" Mina asked.

"I am the director of the company. Our CEO hope you can leave, mister." The director, Amy said.

"Really? Well, you have no reason to chase me away. Everyone can participate this event right?" Bambam said and Chaeyoung come out.

"Well, if I want you to go, you better go." Chaeyoung said.

"Oh right, you... Stupid manager dares to say that to me. Unless you get the CEO out to chase me away." Bambam said.

"I am the CEO. Do you have any problem?" Chaeyoung said.

"Leave." Chaeyoung said.

"No way." Bambam said.

"Better leave before I get nasty." Chaeyoung said but Bambam refused to.

Chaeyoung then kicked his leg and Bambam winced in pain.

"How dare you." Bambam said and throw a punch but Chaeyoung dodged it successfully.

Bambam throws another punch and Chaeyoung caught his fist.

Chaeyoung twisted his arm and pinned Bambam on the table with his arm behind.

"Better leave before I do something I don't want to." Chaeyoung said and released his arm.

"Go ahead and take this cheap slut. I was just a fool that liked her but all she sees is rich guys." Bambam said and Chaeyoung was about to punched him but he left quickly.

Mina run out of the venue and Chaeyoung chases after her.

Chaeyoung saw Mina down the hallway, crying so he went up to hug her from the back.

"Don't cry..." Chaeyoung said and Mina cried in Chaeyoung's arms for a while before breaking free.

"Mina, please... Just let me protect you. I really don't wish to see you suffering like this." Chaeyoung said and Mina shook her head.

"I can't. I can't be so selfish." Mina said and was about to leave but Chaeyoung hug her from the back again.

"You can't leave me again. I lose you once, I don't want to lose you twice. Please..." Chaeyoung said and Mina finally managed to break free after much struggle.

"I'm sorry, Chaeyoung..." Mina said and sped off.

Chaeyoung didn't give up and continue chasing after Mina.

When he finally caught up with Mina, he bring her to somewhere that have lesser people.

"I'm sorry for being so reckless earlier. I know I'm forcing you earlier." Chaeyoung said.

"It's okay..." Mina said.

"Does Bambam often disturbs you like this after I got into accident?" Chaeyoung asked and Mina nodded.

"That guy seriously need some punishment." Chaeyoung said and Mina shook her head.

"Don't... He was agitated by me. Remember when I was tied in a car and the car is driving to the cliff?" Mina asked and Chaeyoung nodded.

"I called him psycho that day. From the start, I know that he have some mental problems and need to eat medication to maintain his condition. But I don't think he is taking his medication." Mina said.

"No matter what, if you saw him in the future, just avoid him." Chaeyoung said and Mina nodded.

"And by the way, I bought this bracelet. The beads have flower scent and even from far, you can sniff it. I thought that you might like this so I bought it two days ago." Chaeyoung said.

"Thanks..." Mina said and Chaeyoung help her to wear it.

Mina looked at the bracelet and looked back at Chaeyoung.

"Thank you Chaeyoung. For helping me earlier." Mina said and Chaeyoung smiled.

"I already told you, no matter what, I will protect you (A/n: At chapter 6)." Chaeyoung said and Mina smiled.

"We can still be friends but I will not give up on you. I will wait and wait until the day you are willing to accept me again." Chaeyoung said.

"What if the day never comes?" Mina asked.

"Then I will not get married, not have any girlfriend. Because in my heart, you are my Mrs. Right, no matter how hard you wanted to denied that fact." Chaeyoung said.

"I'm just scared to accept you. What if you get into accident again? Your grandma hates me so much right now and blames me for causing you to get into accident. I don't wish the same thing to happen again." Mina said.

"Don't worry. I will not get into accident anymore. Mina, that's like only one time. And you are already so afraid. What about the other problems we have to face in the future? What is meant to happen, will happen. No matter how hard we try to avoid it, it is still pointless." Chaeyoung said and Mina kept silence.

Mina then look at the time and look back at Chaeyoung.

"Let's go back. You still have to launch the event. And I still have to follow my boss around." Mina said.

"I don't like your boss. What's worst is, it's a guy." Chaeyoung said.

"Well, I have to make a living." Mina said.

"So why not you come back and work with me?" Chaeyoung asked.

"And you're a guy too." Mina said.

"At least I won't have any dirty thoughts about you. What about him? You never know." Chaeyoung said.

"Let's go back now." Mina changed the topic and Chaeyoung sighed.

Chaeyoung then drive them back to the venue and continue the event.

____________________________________

Quite a boring chapter right? Sorry...
Please vote and support me!
Hope you enjoy reading.
Thanks for reading!