Chapter 3.Pain

Warning there is death in this chapter, so if you feel uncomfortable you can skip this chapter

Also I will only put Connors PoV. In all the chapters, because I think I would be a better story. Ok enjoy~:p

Connor's PoV.

I saw Gavin and Conan trying to open the rusty metal doors to the warehouse,... After a few pulls they opened the doors. When we walked in   I had an unsettling feeling that we were being watched, but I ignored it and moved on with the investigation.

While looking around I saw a briefcase. As I walked closer to it, I noticed it was open, I opened the briefcase. It was filled with packets of red ice, I took a couple of packets to inspect them later on.. While walking further on, I heard something, it sounded muffled someone was here. I readied my gun just in case, the sounds were coming from a room, as I slowly and quietly crept up to the door the sounds were getting louder, so without hesitation I kicked open the door

"DETROIT POLICE, STAY WHERE YOU ARE" until I noticed. It was a girl she was tied up, I scanned her she was the missing girl.           
Ayessa Santiago.

As I was untying her I called the group
When I finally removed the ducktape from her mouth she said "thank you so much", and she started sobbing violently onto my shoulder. I felt bad, I felt.... Pity..

When she finally got a hold of herself
She told us everything, I told her "everything will be alright, don't worry. We'll get you an ambulance.
She was bruised everywhere, she had a black eye, and even a large slash on her face. That's when I noticed one of her cuts were still fresh.. Like it had just been made. That's when I heard gunshots, I tensed up I got out my gun

I heard someone in the background say "There's to many of them, we can't hold them off you have to leave NOW!" so I quickly help her up, but then I saw lieutenant Anderson laying by the wall.. He was shot. I tried to help, but he just said "Go! I'm fine, help her, hurry Connor" B-but.. "GO!" he yelled. I couldn't just leave him there, but we really needed to evacuate. I heard 2 other gunshots, they shot Hank again I had to help him, so I quickly gave Ayessa to conan. I told him just to go, I'll go get Hank. When I ran up to him,..... He was loosing a lot of blood I tried to help him get up, but he just told me"Connor, I-I won't make it, just leave me already.. "N-no lieutenant I-I can't,... Please don't go... Dad....

He wasn't breathing, his pulse was getting slower.... I felt tears running down my face.

The one I was close to.... Was dead
I felt sadness, I felt like I didn't wanna live anymore. I tried to stand, but I just broke down into more tears knowing that the one person that felt like a dad to me was dead. It was my fault.. I had to watch him die.

I felt someone walk up behind me,
"oh shit, I-I..." it was Gavin. "Connor I-I'm sorry" he awkwardly patted my back. "I-it's gonna be fine, don't worr-"
IT'S NOT FINE, I JUST WATCHED AS THE CLOSEST PERSON IN MY LIFE DIE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME-"before I could even finish. I broke down into tears. I tried to cover them, but they just kept on coming. I started shaking violently.

" oh C-connor I didn't mean to make you cry... ".." N-no it's not you it's just"
I said as I wiped my tears. "hey H-how bout I drive you home?"

"Y-yea that's fine,.. Thanks by the way. I'm s-sorry for breaking down like that" I slowly stood up, stumbling a little bit, we walked out, and I saw a couple of police cars. I saw Conan talking to a few officers. We got In The car and drove home.He asked me if there's anyone I can call to watch me. I told him no.

"Well maybe Conan can look after you, he does have no place to live after all...." "...i-i don't mind" I lied I really didn't want to see anyone right now. I just wanted to get some rest now.

We arrived at hanks house, well.. Not his house anymore.. I think. "alright I'll phone up conan to take care of you for a while, also are you sure your fine with him living with you for awhile?" "Y-yea it's fine".