Chapter 7. Deactivation

Note:this chapter was inspired by @DetroitKCM so Props to them. :p

I woke up to see Conan smiling at me.
"Fowler wants us back at the station."he said getting up slowly as if he was in pain. I grabbed his sleeve.

"Conan.....are you hurt? What wrong?"
"I-I'm fine. Its just a scratch." he was lying. Obviously It wasn't "just"a scratch.I stood up.
" Conan. Please tell me what's wrong..I know when you're hurt. "I tried  to put my arm around him, but he flinched when I poked a certain part on his back.

" it's obvious that your back hurts.. "
" it's just a small scratch. "I wanted to help him. I poked his cheek. He didn't react." Conan... "I said while holding his hand. I looked at his face. Tears were rolling down his face then suddenly he put his arms around me crying on my shoulder.

" Don't make them deactivate me! "he said crying.
" W-what do you mean?. No one's gonna deactivate you. "
" H-how do you know. Has Amanda told you?. "
I had an Idea. I rolled up my sleeve and held out my arm
" Give me you arm "Conan sighed
" O-ok"he hesitated. I went inside his software looking for Amanda's AI.When I located it I tried deleting it, but Conan was fighting back.

There I was standing in front of Amanda.
"Connor nice seeing you again.." she said flatly
"Let Conan go, he's not your toy. You're using him!"
"well your not wrong on the last part." she let out a fake laugh.
"W-what do you mean?" I was confused. She walked towards me.
"Stay back! Or I'll shoot your head off." I said pulling out my gun
"you really don't know don't you? Well might as well say it. Rk900 was sent to deactivate you, instead he showed signs of deviancy.so now we're gonna shut him down includ-" before she could say anything I shot her right in the head. I heard Conan yelp. He pushed my hand away, gripping his heart. Tears rolling down his cheeks

" Wh-What did you do?! "he said
" it's okay Conan I just deleted Amanda's AI from your software. "
He hugged me before I could say anything.
" Thank you so much "I slightly smiled.
" Well we better get to the station, they needed us there minutes ago"
Conan nodded. I took a hold of his hand. I smiled.

"Let's go."