05 | dog walks and fake talks

"Go ahead and autotune every note
Well I'm Mr. Popstar"

Next fake date was only two days later. Luke had hoped for it be further away, but Brian had really meant it when he said that this week would be the week where they showed of Ashton. This time, however, wasn't just a stupid café date at a café where Luke never had to be again. No, this time it was much closer to home.

Or rather, it was a street away from Luke's home in Los Angeles. Brian, or his team around him, had, had this fantastically stupid idea that their next date should be Ashton and Luke walking Petunia. Because why wouldn't Luke show his precious dog to his stupid fake boyfriend?

Like it would matter if Ashton met his dog or not. And dog walking wasn't a good date idea either. They should watch a movie or have a candlelit dinner if his team really wanted him to go date. Hell, even just catching a coffee was more romantic than walking Luke's pet.

But Luke had, as usual, no fucking choice. Because once you're a junkie or an alcoholic your opinion doesn't matter. Luke knew this. So, there he was, waiting for that stupid, fake boyfriend to show up, with Petunia in a leash. Petunia has been anything but perfect, but Luke couldn't find it in him to care. He loves his dog, don't get him wrong. But Luke couldn't love his dog and hate Ashton at the same time. It was just too much, he could only focus on one at the time. At this very moment, Luke had decided that hating Ashton was somewhat more important.

Not more important than Petunia, just more important than admiring her cuteness.

He was just standing outside of his house, but Luke wanted to go back inside, badly. Luke hadn't used anything or drunk any alcohol for a week, yet it felt like he was experiencing a bad hangover. His head was aching. His sight was slightly blurry, but there wasn't anything Luke couldn't overcome. A little pounding couldn't stop him. Though it was a perfect excuse.

Luke, however, knew that if he even tried to tell Brian he felt bad the man wouldn't believe him, or just accuse him of drinking. Though in reality he was probably just experiencing the absence of alcohol. Luke gritted his teeth together in aggravation when a black car showed up in his street. Luke could recognize the car as Brian's any day. That's what you get for working with the man for half your life. Not that Brian had only owned one car through Luke's career, but Brian was probably the human Luke spent the most amount of time with. It would be foolish not to recognize the man's car.

The car in itself was a nice, expensive car, and it wasn't the black car who made Luke sigh in annoyance. It was the passenger inside. Ashton fucking Irwin. They were minutes, seconds, to being back to acting like a couple. However, it was so obviously fake. None of them wanted to be there, and even a five-year-old could tell that. That was if a five-year-old ever saw him and Ashton Irwin together.

Luke had acting experience from his early career when he starred in different children's show, but he'd abandoned acting for music. He was a much better artist than an actor – when he was sober that is.

The car pulled over for only a second and Brian exited the car. Followed by Ashton. Luke had, of course, known he'd be inside the car – yet he had hoped for Ashton not to be there. To avoid the inconvenience of breathing the same air as Ashton. Obviously enough, Ashton had been brought along. Just like Luke had expected but hoped he could avoid.

"I'm not gonna repeat myself," Brian said, "you both know the plan. Just, Luke be nice." With that, the man took off, and the black car sped off like it never had been there. Luke watched the car disappear out of his street before he acknowledged Ashton. The blond could see that it annoyed Ashton to the end of the world and back, so, he spent no energy trying to hide his smirk.