08 | moby dick drum solo

Luke wanted to kill Brian. This wasn't the first time the blond had felt such anger towards his manager, nor would it be the last. Luke, at least, thought he could handle Ashton being in New York with him – as long as he got some minutes alone. But why would Luke ever expect privacy?

The only privacy Luke had left was when he showered or went to the bathroom. Because Brian, the amazing fucktard of a manager, had decided that, of course, Ashton would share a hotel room with Luke – and not only room but also the bed. It had gone too far now. Luke just wanted to sleep alone, not to share a bed with Ashton.

Even in his sleep, he couldn't get some peace. And for what? A fake relationship? It wasn't like anyone would see them sleeping anyway, but Brian had this strange idea that someone would try to sneak into Luke's hotel room. The fake relationship would be ruined if someone were to discover that Ashton and Luke didn't share a bed. Luke disagreed strongly because he had yet to confirm a relationship with Ashton.

Sure, he'd been forced to post something about Ashton on his Instagram – but he hadn't said anything, but that Ashton meant a lot to him. Which, of course, was utter bullshit. Only idiots would actually think that Ashton meant a lot to Luke. Luke had no one he cared a lot about – in the past he used to have Michael, but even Michael had left him. And Luke was, like usual, left alone.

Besides meaning a lot to someone didn't equal to dating. There was a difference, and Brian should learn it!

"Brian, do we have to share the hotel room?" Luke asked. Of course, he knew that they had to, but there was this small hope that maybe Luke didn't have to if he asked nicely. Brian crushed the hope with a word.

"Yes."

"Just please?" Luke could hear the desperation in his own voice, but he didn't care. If he himself could hear it, it meant that the old geezer could hear it as well, and maybe – just maybe ­– would Brian pity Luke enough to book another room.

"Please?" Luke was surprised by Ashton's voice. Ashton was begging as well? Luke would never have guessed. He thought Ashton would do everything just for money, so it seemed anyway.

"Ashton, remember that this is your job," Brian warned, and Ashton was quick to seal his mouth. Though he desperately wished they didn't have to share a bed. Nothing good could come of sharing a bed with Luke, not when he got sent death glares from the blond. As if Ashton wanted this any more than Luke!

"Now both of you shut up and get going, your room is on the fifth floor, I don't want to see or hear anything about this. You're sharing a room. Period." Brian ended the discussion, and Ashton had no other choice than to grab his suitcase and to find his and Luke's shared room. Ashton was tired and just wanted to go to bed. Today had been hell, honestly. Travelling was always tiring with a grumpy junkie of a celebrity who had in for you was hell dressed up in skinny jeans.

Ashton could've handled the travelling if that meant he'd just get to sleep of the trip afterwards, but no Brian had other plans. Luke had been sent straight to the studio where he sang songs that he hated singing just as much as Ashton hated listening to them. That didn't matter though, Luke didn't write his own music, so he couldn't complain. He was more than welcome to write it if Ashton had understood the situation correctly, but usually, the blond was too high or too drunk to even bother. So, he ended up with shitty lyrics that his fans loved nonetheless.

What business did Ashton have in a studio? None. So, why did Ashton have to be there? Brian had a twisted idea of love that couples didn't go a place without each other. That was obviously wrong, but if Ashton dared to say anything Brian would always find a way to bring up how Ashton had signed a contract. Usually, just a blunt way saying, "remember you signed a contract."

When they arrived at the hotel room Ashton tossed his suitcase into the room, before some unexpected happened. Though Ashton should've expected as much. Luke had pushed him out of the room with a strong shove and locked the door. This would be okay if Ashton had a key card, but Luke had both key cards, and Ashton couldn't get in without Luke opening the door. Which wouldn't happen in a million years. Luke would never want to see Ashton voluntary.

"Open up the fucking door!" Ashton shouted through the door and knocked heavily on the door.

"Shut the fuck up!" Luke shouted back.

"Open the fucking door, idiot!"

"As if! Now shut the fuck up and go away, some of us are trying to sleep!"

"I'm trying to sleep. So, open up the fucking door before I kick it in!"

"C'mon, Irwin, kick it in!"

Ashton only sighed before picking up the and calling Brian. The man replied quickly but he didn't sound happy. But did he ever?

"What?" the man spat through the phone, and Ashton cringed.

"It's Luke, the room is-.." Ashton began, but Brian rudely interrupted him.

"I told you. I don't want to hear anything about this," he sneered, and Ashton sighed.

"But-.."

"Sort it out yourselves!" With that Brian hung up and Ashton was again left alone in the hallway of the hotel. The brunet just wanted to get some decent amount of sleep. He knew they'd be early up in the morning, so he just wanted to sleep the few hours he could before he'd go around the city pretending to love an unlovable asshole.

"Luke! Seriously! Open up the fucking door!" Ashton shouted again and kept knocking on the door. Ashton thanked God that he'd taken drumming lessons back in Australia and started to play half decent drum solos on the door. Just to annoy the blond. Trying sleep when Ashton was playing the door like it was the best drum he'd ever used.

Ashton was in the middle of drumming the drum solo of Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin when Luke harshly yanked up the door. The boy on the other door was ready to kill Ashton, and Ashton only smiled an award-winning smile because he'd won. Luke hadn't been able to ignore it, which was fine by Ashton because Ashton was ready to drum the entire Led Zeppelin II album if he had to.

"Shut the fuck up!" Was all Luke shouted back.

"Technically, I didn't say anything," Ashton said, and Luke scoffed as an answer. Ashton tried to push past Luke, but it seemed to be in impossible. Luke wouldn't irk of his place where he was squeezed between the door and the wall.

"Here's your wallet, now take the money you make of fake dating me and buy yourself, a nice hotel room, good night," Luke tossed the wallet in Ashton's face, and while Ashton was trying to recover his senses again the door was shut and locked.

"I fucking hate you!" Ashton shouted through the door. God, if Ashton didn't do this for the money, he'd never be able to get through this.

"The feeling is mutual!" Luke shouted back, and Ashton knew that was the last reply he'd get from Luke this night. Nothing he'd do would make Luke reply, so he went down to reception trying to get them to give him an extra key card.

This had to be the worst day of Ashton's entire life, at least close to it. The receptionists didn't believe him, mostly because Ashton couldn't tell them the truth, because if he said he was fighting with Luke they'd ask why, and if they asked why then Ashton would plump out with the truth. His shitty excuse was unbelievable, and Brian refused to pick up his call to confirm Ashton had arrived with them. Luke didn't pick up either, no surprise either. And Ashton was not about to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a room for a night, he didn't have that kind of money. He had didn't even got his first salary.

The hotel kicked him out, in a friendly way. Telling him that if he wasn't booking a room he'd have to leave. So, Ashton did the only reasonable thing he could think of. He was gonna get so shitfaced that he couldn't feel he was tired. A stupidly smart plan.

_____________________________________________
hey y'all! I have a massive sunburn on my thighs, and it hurts af when I have the laptop on my lap because of the sunburn, but what don't you do to write some half-decent lashton?

I'm sorry this book is probably a bit fo a bore right now, but it'll pick up its pace soon enough. Thanks for reading anyways ❤️💜💙

Have nice day/night/evening/morning/whatever