21 | laws of motion

"Not alone," Ashton answered. The words stung a bit, but Luke recognized them as the truth. He was helpless, the blond realised as much. He knew that to a lot of people, and probably to himself too, he was a lost cause. But when he was around Ashton he didn't feel so lost anymore. Around Ashton Luke felt a little hope – that maybe even he could be saved?

"Do you think I'm helpless?" Luke blurted out after he recovered from his shock. His senses caught up with him only seconds too late, "never mind, forget it."

"I don't think you're helpless," Ashton began, "but, you're a real piece of work." Somehow, that reaction lured a smile out Luke, and he grinned shamelessly to Ashton, who sent a small, shy smile back. The action didn't do anything but help the smile grow. Suddenly, Luke leaned a little closer and pulled Ashton closer with him.

"There's a man that's been watching us for a long time," Luke began talking more silent now.

"He probably just recognized you," Ashton dismissed, and was about to pull away, but Luke held him slightly in place.

"He has a camera," Luke continued. A mischievous smile grew on his face, and Ashton could see a glint that hadn't been there previously. "I have an idea," Luke began warily, "just follow me." Ashton looked at him a bit confused, but he didn't have much time to do anything else before Luke's lips were on him. Luke dragged him even closer, as his lips moved slowly against Ashton's. The kiss wasn't rapid, or messy mostly because they were still in a restaurant. However, the kiss was passionate and kind of nice, Ashton would admit. When the time to deepen the kiss came, Luke pulled away. Ashton was grateful for it; he didn't want to be too vulgar in a restaurant. Luke ended up surprising Ashton again when the blond grabbed his hand and went fast towards the man with the camera. Ashton could see him now, and the poorly hidden camera.

"Excuse me, sir," Luke began and surprised the badly disguised paparazzi, "my boyfriend and I would greatly appreciate it if you would just fuck off. We're just trying to enjoy a meal; would you like it if I photographed you?" The blond proceeded to pull out his phone and take a picture of the man. The man looked surprised, but Luke didn't care as he walked away with Ashton hand in hand, only making a small scene.

"Luke," Ashton scolded, "you can't do that."

"Oh, please. I've done worse to paparazzi," Luke said and brushed it off quickly.

"Still," Ashton muttered a bit aggravated, he didn't seem angry, it just seemed like he was trying to lecture Luke on how to be polite.

"My reputation with paparazzi isn't what you'd call clean, he should be fine," Luke replied before he took his jacket and paid for the food. Ashton took his belongings before the two of them walked out of the restaurant. Hand in hand they left the restaurant, outside was a hoard of paparazzi, but Luke and Ashton pushed through with the help of bodyguards. They'd didn't answer any questions, and the two quickly took off to lose the hoard of fake journalists. Luke wouldn't dare call them real journalists.

They ran away from them; this wasn't the first time they'd done so. Although Luke was unsure if he could call it running, he was the one who ran dragging Ashton with him. The poor honey-brunet didn't have any other choice but tag along. It didn't take long, five minutes or so and the couple was alone, so they slowed down so they could catch their breath, but they kept moving in case the paparazzi could catch up with them. Hopefully, they'd have more trouble with running with cameras.

"We should have a lashton moment," Ashton after catching his breath, fingers still intertwined with Luke's. The blond man looked slightly at Ashton with a questioning look but didn't come to a halt. "You know, although dinner's cute and all I doubt it's enough to blow up Twitter."