15 | just an act

The process of recording didn't take much time, Ashton had expected it to last much longer. So, he was pleasantly surprised when he and Luke could wrap up after a couple of hours. Sure, the clock was nearing morning, but he had thought that it would take much more time than it had taken. So, taking everything into consideration he was pleased.

"It's finally done," Luke singsong and Ashton wondered how the blond could be so happy and not feel tired at all. Ashton, on the other hand, was ready to collapse in a bed and wake up in the next century.

"So, what are you gonna do with it?" Ashton looked at the blond and hoped for the love of God that Luke had a plan.

"I mean, I need to get it out there you know," Luke said and shrugged slightly, and Ashton wanted to plant his face into the nearest wall. If Luke didn't have any plan, he might scream.

"And how do you plan on getting 'it out there'?" Ashton asked slightly more sarcastic than he had planned. Luke didn't seem to mind though, either because he knew the two of them wasn't really friends, or because his own voice was usually laced with sarcasm as well.

"I have an idea, don't worry," Luke said to prevent further questions. With that, he picked up his phone and dialled a number. "Hi, Benjamin! I have a favour to ask you," he began, and Ashton furrowed his brows. Hoping he'd know what Luke was up to before they ended up somewhere. The conversation continued but Ashton mostly tuned it out.

"Really? Thank you!" Luke sounded so surprised and happy Ashton could only guess Benjamin had agreed, whoever he was. However, it still made Ashton a tad sad, because Luke's excitement revealed that he hadn't expected someone to help him. Like he was all alone in this world when he wasn't. Luke was surrounded by toxic people, but not everyone surrounding Luke was bad – he just had to sort out the ones that wanted to help him.

"Good, I'll see you in 20 minutes or so," Luke agreed and with that hung up. His smile remained for a couple of seconds, and Ashton smiled slightly at the sight. Luke just seemed so happy, and Ashton really thought that the blond deserved it (even if he was mean).

"So, what happens now?" Ashton asked at the blond, while the two of them was moving out of the studio.

"I just got off the phone with Benjamin-..." Luke began and stopped his sentence to lock the studio's doors.

"That much I gattered," Ashton mumbled but mostly to himself.

"-and he's the host for IHeartRadio, you know the guy you've met," Luke gave Ashton some seconds to remember the guy.

"Yes, and what about him?" Ashton asked.

"Well, I told him my schedule is empty and that I wanted to do an interview today, and I don't recall any other appointment, so it's fine. So, Benjamin was, of course, stocked that I chose his station out of every other station and told me I was more than welcome, so I guess we're heading over there. I, uh, I failed to mention you're coming with, but... uhm, since you're my boyfriend now and everything, I guess it's only natural for you to tag along. I mean, unless you don't want to," Luke was rambling at the end and it was almost cute to see him like that. That the blond could be other things than just mean and rude.

"Don't worry, Hemmings. I'm coming with," Ashton reassured him, and that's how Ashton and Luke ended up in a taxi six o'clock on their way to IHeartRadio.

***

"Welcome, welcome Luke," Benjamin greeted as quickly as the blond exited the elevator. "And Ashton!" He added the moment he spotted the brunet.

"Wow, I hadn't expected this, and to see the two of you here. Now, that you're official, I mean. Wow, the new it-couple in my humble radio station, I'm honoured." Benjamin continued before he eagerly shook both their hands.