07 | i'll unstan you if you're gay

The flight stopped, and for what Ashton knew Luke was still asleep. Only that he wasn't. His mind was very much awake. His thoughts were spinning like crazy, and there was also a feeling building up inside the blond. He could feel it deep in his bones, and it was clouding in his mind. He could only think about the incident years prior to now.
The feeling had a grip on his heart – so it felt – and thus his heart was beating rapidly. The feeling was fear, Luke recognized it.

He'd felt fear before and would probably feel it more in the future. It was inescapable. The reason that left the blond so frightened was the fact that Ashton knew. He knew. Ashton didn't know what had happened, and never would Luke tell him either.
But Ashton knew Luke had gone through something. ¨

What if Ashton asked about it? Luke might be able to tell the honey-brunet to fuck off, for the moment. But if Ashton pressed the matter, one day in weakened state Luke would tell everything. Luke knew this. His greatest fear was to tell someone about it – once he acknowledged it, it became real.

"Luke," Ashton shook lightly Luke's shoulder to wake him up. Not knowing the blond had been awake for an hour now. "We're here," he spoke so softly, and when Luke's blue eyes met Ashton's hazel's ones the fake boyfriend looked so innocent. Luke almost felt bad for snapping at him.

"Don't touch me," Luke said, getting up in a quick motion before assembling his things. They were the last ones to leave, which Luke preferred. He hated the endless queue on airports. Especially, if he was recognized in the queue.

However, Luke was recognized. He had barely stepped out of the plane before they were a group of girls surrounding him. Not only him but also Ashton, and it pissed off Luke even though his face remained the same. Ashton was only getting attention because he'd been seen holding hands with Luke, and on a lunch date together. Luke had yet to confirm or deny anything, but Ashton hadn't done anything for himself, he was only sharing Luke's spotlight.

"Luke!" A girl shrieked, and Luke was honestly surprised he still had fans after everything he'd done. His name seemed to gather everyone's attention, and suddenly he found himself surrounded by the small group of fans. Ashton too was surrounded, but the few people that had talked to him seemed to push him closer to Luke so they could talk to both at once.

"Luke, please take a picture with me," some girl said, Luke looked at the brunette who'd said it and only smiled slightly. People were taking pictures of the two while begging for a photo with him or an autograph.

"Who is he?" someone asked, and Luke felt Ashton freeze beside him. Fuck, why did Luke have to answer?

"Is that Ashton? I saw him on my Tumblr feed," someone else said, and Luke felt sick to his stomach. He'd never said anything about Ashton, and he'd never thought about it, but, of course, his fans would've found Ashton's social media. Trying to figure out who he was to Luke. All they'd find was that Luke followed him. Nothing else tied the honey-brunet to Luke on social media.

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"Are you gay?"

"I've been through thick and thin with you, but I'll unstan you if you're gay."

Luke too froze as he heard those words. It shouldn't mean anything to him, after all, he was straight. But it still meant something, soon he'd pretend he was dating Ashton. He already was, but soon enough the world would know that Luke swung both ways – though he didn't. Would he lose fans? Would he receive hate?

The blond was no stranger to hate from his fans and losing fans, what else could he expect from his actions? But he'd caused those himself, this wasn't something he could own up to. Because it wasn't his goddamn choice!

"I think," Ashton began and tried to collect his senses, "we need to go. We have ... a tight schedule." Ashton grabbed Luke's arm and made a motion signalizing that they were going to move.

"Yeah, uhm, thanks for coming," Luke said quickly to his fans, "but I need to ... go." He was still shocked, and let Ashton lead him away from the airport, though he was quick to pull away when they were out of sight.

Brian had caught a cab for them and waited for the two men outside. Luke was honestly just relieved to get away from the scene. It seemed safer and better to ignore the whole scene rather than to acknowledge that it had happened. This way Luke could live in denial like he constantly did.

 This way Luke could live in denial like he constantly did

lukehemmings: This is Ashton, he means a lot to me ❤️

michaelclifford: okay, but I thought I meant a lot to you

lukehemmings replied: @michaelclifford shut up, you know you do

mrs.hemmings: ew who is he???

l0singmymid: aww he was pretty cute <3

small-totoro: don't tell me you're gay

angellucy: why didn't you tag him I wanna follow?

dontforgetaboutme: is it too early to ship 'em??

miz.daddy: HANDSOME BOI

julian-see-tsar: okay, but first the café date, so the dog walk, then the airport and now this. Someone else seeing a pattern 👀 Lukey, got a bf

lame_lane replied: @julian-see-tsar they're just friends

julian-see-tsar replied: @lame_lane you wish they were "just friends"

_______________________________________
greetings friends and folks. 

My summer holiday just started, like today, and I'm pretty hype. I hope I'll get to write a lot this summer. At least some so I can update my books semi-regularly.

I don't know when the next chapter is gonna come, but I have most of it planned out so it shouldn't be very hard to write. We can at least hope so. This summer I'm gonna work a lot, I don't know how many shifts I'll get, but I hope to save up some money, so I won't be free all summer, but I'll prioritize to update :)

However, Guts will probabøy get more updates than this book, just because I like it more. Thanks for reading guys, it really does mean a lot to me!