06 | the smell of cigarettes

Hell erupted with Brian's next proposal. Well, Luke would call it a demand. A proposal meant that he'd ask Luke something, and Luke had the opportunity to accept or decline the request. He had no chose in this matter, so it was a demand. Brian demanded something, and Luke had to follow the orders. Because that's what it was. Orders. Luke had to follow them, willingly or unwillingly. Brian didn't care if Luke wanted this or not, as long as he did it. (And he always ended up going through with it, because he again had no fucking choice.)

Luke had made life a little more hellish for his manager when he found about the next step of the fake dating plan. This wasn't the first time Luke made life hell for someone, and it wouldn't be the last either. Sadly.

The blond was going to New York for some interviews, for a mini-concert and most importantly to promote his tour. Before he'd kick start it with an America tour which quickly would evolve to a world tour. Now, Luke had been informed that Ashton would participate on the America tour, he'd hoped Ashton wouldn't be on the rest of the tour. Yet he had known deep in the back of his mind that there was no way Ashton wasn't coming. All this was, relatively, fine.

He could at least live with it if it meant he got a couple of days free from Ashton. To clear his mind, to feel something else than angry and irritated. To cool down and restart. Maybe, maybe Luke could tolerate Ashton more if he got this little break. He could at least try to get a fresh start with the brunet and try to not be a dick.

Luke didn't hate Ashton, though the boy annoyed him, he just hated the position the boy was in. He was paid to pretend he liked Luke. It was all so fake, and Luke couldn't trust him – because he was just paid to be around Luke. But the blond was even willing to ignore this fact if he got a little break. Luke was desperate for some time alone, and he'd even let Brian make sure he couldn't drink or do drugs just for some good sleep and some alone time. He was fucking desperate.

But, of course, didn't Brian or anyone else allow a tired celebrity to get some personal space. And Ashton? He was tagging along to New York.

"Does he really have to come?" Luke asked, once again. He'd lost count how many times he'd asked that question, Brian was getting sick of it. Especially when it was already decided. They were literally driving to the airport, what could Luke expect? That they'd make a sudden U-turn just to drop Ashton of? Unlikely.

"Yes," Brian answered tiredly. Could it be because of Luke's constant asking? Or was it maybe because he hadn't slept last night? Luke didn't know or care. He could tell Brian was tired, but it didn't mean Luke would give him less hell. Why should he? Brian spent a good amount of time to make sure Luke's life was hell, so why wouldn't Luke do the same to the older man?

"He doesn't need to," Luke tried to argue. Breathing heavy through his nose as an action to show irritation. His eyes flickered between the slightly bald man driving and the high way flashing before his very eyes. Luke couldn't wait to leave LA. He loved the warm weather here, but he'd grown to hate the toxic city. However, it was the only city that had a homey vibe to it.

Ever since Luke was a child actor Los Angeles had been the city, he spent the most amount of time, though he was originally from Australia. Luke had too many memories here, and he'd become his home-town. Luke felt like a stranger in Sydney and couldn't find himself to move somewhere else. Though he hated the city because it reminded him of the industry, he'd fallen victim to.

"He's your boyfriend," Brian replied as if it wasn't obvious. Luke wasn't stupid, even though he did stupid things all the time. He knew that Ashton was his "boyfriend", but he also knew that just being his boyfriend didn't mean he had to come with to New York.