Chapter 9: Scavenger Hunt

It was cold, everything felt numb. I couldn't feel anything. I was shivering by the grasp of the darkness. The loneliness feeling has got me discouraged. I really wanted to go home. I was able to get this far in my life but at this point in time, I'm really lacking the self boost of motivation for myself. The scavenger hunt has started and I'm probably going to get picked off first from the players. The weakest of the players, of course, I'm going to be the first one eliminated. I don't want to kill anyone either I feel like we should all work together to get out of here alive. There was only but questions in my head.

Is this even a fun vacation or so I thought?

The darkness had consumed my thoughts and I sat there in despair in my head. I didn't think that this game that I suddenly loved turned on me in a hateful way. There are many wonderful players that I can't find a reason to kill in this competitive game of scavenging. A game with people that have seen me in different ways other than the unfortunate lifestyle I had to put up with for a long time. These are the type of people I need to treasure forever and ever. Why did the thing I loved the most had to betray me? I wanted someone to always be there for me. Who had accepted who I was and as my own person.

A bright light dimmed down upon me. Although there is some type of strong small spirit in me to not giving up here. At this moment, I don't want to die yet, I still have things to live for in this world. I need to get home and see Blaire again. The light had transformed into an art piece sculpture of myself. The light had laid their hands on me they had looked up straight up to me.

"Go, live."

I put my hand on my light self and looked on my other half. I felt the warmness from them it had slowly melted the coldness of the dark. The desperation of hope I had inside me started to almost cease into thin air. There was courage growing inside of my soul. There was a burning light that arose in the dark. My reasoning to live was getting back to Blaire and live a life I wanted with her. I knew that she was my motivation, if she was there for me then I'll be there for her.

"Mari, come follow me," a voice called out to me outside of the darkness.

Joey took my hand and ran out of the empire building and went to his hotel apartment. I kept running just as if my leg started to burn and hurt. It was a long way but I felt a bit sore on our stop.

"Why are you not going to kill me Joey?" as I took a breath each time of exhaustion.

"Why would I kill you? That be awfully brutal. Besides, I feel like I needed a partner in crime."

"Me? Partners with you? But why?"

"As I said, I had a feeling. I guess we can have a mutual peace agreement for now."

"That's fine with me but know that I could put a bullet in your head," as I stopped Joey and I took my phone out and transformed myself.

"Now, that wouldn't be an agreement wouldn't it?" as he laughed it off casually.

My hair turned red and my clothes for my sniper had changed onto me.

"Hello, welcome back Alluria. In order to summon your weapon, go to your character menu on your phone and equip it."

I looked through my inventory of weapons and saw a bow and a gun, more of a sniper rifle. I got my bullets ready in my sniper rifle. The smell of gunpowder overpowered the area. I took out a pistol and aimed it at Joey.

"I suppose you're right."

He put his hands up, "I wanted to talk about our situation. All of the players are stuck on this island together. There are a couple of things I want to check if there are any boats in the docks."