Chapter 12: Redemption

The softness around us was a bit too light. It was like a loud sound of silence. I couldn't hear anything except for small footsteps. I remember a couple of things that why I should be even the following anyone anymore. Is there a reason for me to follow people? There were many people that had fought for me, which I need to put an end to. I need to step up and make a change in this game. There are a couple of things that made me feel a bit disappointed where there were a couple of things I could've done. But that has changed. I am new, I am Alluria the person who is playing her is the real me, Mari.

My father had left me and went to create a company of an amazing game. The great thing about it was that I had also stumbled upon this game also. Which could be the greatest coincidence ever but now he's even forcing his own son to play the scavenger hunt and kill its own players. It's almost as seem as if he's already used to it. Oliver didn't hesitate to kill Joey. Why should I hesitate to kill anyone? I need to give back to all the nice people who had helped me. I was recognized for my own skills. I then took out my bow gun and pointed right at Legend and MagicChi.

"I'm sorry," as I spoke softly.

They both turned back and saw me armed. They were both aware that I had some type of intention to kill them.

"Hold on a minute, Mari. What's up?" Legend said playfully.

"What do you're doing, Mari. Aren't we on your side?" MagicChi brought up.

"Yes, we are but I want you guys to tell me everything you know about this game. It's not a discussion." as I demanded.

"Everything? Why? We pretty much know about everything you know already." MagicChi replied.

"How do I know you're not lying?"

I knew I didn't have to resort to this. I lowered my bow gun and my guard.

I sighed, "I'm not planning to kill you guys but I only wanted to get some information out of it. There are still a couple of things I want to know."

While just even playing Irusen. I had loved the attention of every player I was receiving from. But now experiencing and being inside of the scavenger hunt. Did I really want this? It seems like the worst scenario ever of having the thing that you loved the most to turn your back onto you. It's like the worst feeling ever. Was this really my true escape from reality? It's more escaping from hell itself now. It's entirely inevitable to avoid. I only wished that my parents would have been a happy couple. My mother had only wanted to focus on having a family while my father did care but he also valued his dreams. I am honestly so grateful when Blaire had come into my life. She had been the only person who had supported me in the beginning. If only if she was here now, supporting me.  It would help me throughout this misery.

"Well, to say if you really insist on wanting to know. Here's a little secret. I work under the Irusen Company as a guinea pig. I was used as a test subject for the companies new involvement of their advancing technology." as MagicChi said thoroughly.

"My father put you up to this?" I gasped.

"I wouldn't say I was put up with it but I had simply wanted it. I was just like you, Mari. A person who had found their escape to video games and wanted to make something of it."

I stood there in silence.

"More or less, I was the one who suggested the scavenger hunt. By then they had me the test subject in order to increase the potential of human abilities. It only seems like a mere fantasy but it's all desire we all had." MagicChi added.

"For me, I'm just one of the invited participants. I had no part of anything else." Legend said.

I only knew one thing. Furious hate started to grow for MagicChi.