[08] seeing her, again.

ADAM'S POV

w o r d s: 1000

p a g e s: 3

Every time I wake up it feels like a dream. I still can't believe Miracle is officially mine and its mentor week. My mentor for my team is Charlie Puth. I know Miracle adores Charlie and he knows about Miracle and me. It kind of slipped up when we were hanging out. Plus, Miracle's contact lit up my screen and Charlie saw the message. He looked at me then at the message. I told him the story of how we met. He was happy for me; I could see it on his face. I stretch and text Miracle a good morning. I did my morning routine and headed out for coffee. I like making my own but I'm running late.

After my coffee, I rushed over to the studio. Charlie texts me saying he's excited to meet my girl. I laugh texting him back. I reach the studio and walked to the main lobby. The contestants were mingling before rehearsing the songs. I see Miracle and Mari nudges her. Miracle blushes and sets down her coffee. she was wearing a black skirt and a white crop top. Her hair was pulled back slickly. She had high heeled booties on making her taller. Her makeup was darker than normal. Miracle comes up to me. "Morning, coach" she says. "Miracle" I say looking at her lips. "How are you today?" Miracle looks at me. I know she wants to kiss me. "I'm okay, what about you?" I asked. This is so awkward. "I'm okay, are you ready for today?" she asked. "Yeah, you know what song your doing?" I asked. "I do, it's Sweet but Psycho by Ava Max" Miracle smiled. "That's a hard song to sing, do you think you can do it?" I asked. "I think so" she smiled. I want to kiss her so bad. "Good" I put a hand on her arm. Miracle glares at me I smirk and wink at her. "Don't, Adam" Mir whispered. "Sorry, sorry" I say.

Miracle walks through the doors and looks at Charlie. "Oh my god" Miracle looks like she was about to cry. "Hey" Charlie smiled as he hugs her. "Hi, oh my god" Miracle taps her eyes as tears. "Hey Miracle" I say hugging her. "Hi" she smiled hugging me. "Ready?" I asked. "Born ready, Coach" she smiled proudly. "So, you're doing Sweet but Psycho?" Charlie asked. "Yes, sir" she nods. "Wow, okay I hear you did your own rendition of it?" Charlie asked. "Yeah, um I want to do acapella in the beginning to you know, entrance the audience" she explained. "Really? That's a cool idea" Charlie says. Miracle smiled proudly. I look at her in awe. She began to sing I looked over at Charlie who was indeed entranced. I put the pen in my mouth and smiled at my girl. Then the band picked up and Miracle awoken her rocker side which I was impressed by.

When she was done Charlie and I were speechless. "Wow" we said together. Miracle blushed. "Is it to much?" she asked shyly. "No, absolutely not" I shook my head. "You were born to do this" Charlie says to her. "Thanks" Miracle smiled. "Seriously, damn Adam is so lucky to have you on his team" Charlie laughs. "Thanks, Charlie" she smiled. "You're welcome, I can't wait to see you work that stage" he leans against his chair.

I've seen all of my team all of them were so good but Miracle was better. Okay, maybe I'm bias. But, that's a big song to cover and she did it flawlessly. She's truly a miracle. She's all full of surprises. Charlie and I talked. "Damn dude, you're so in love with her" he tells me. "No, I'm not" I say feeling my face heats up. "Yes, you are!" he smiled proudly. I roll my eyes. "Fine, I'm in love with Miracle happy?" I asked. He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and collected my papers. "Don't tell her, okay?" I told him. "I won't, Adam" Charlie promised me. "Good, it's too soon anyways" I shrug sipping my ice-cold coffee. "True, it's been a few days, right?" he asked. "Yeah" I tell him.

My phone buzzed. I looked at it and it was Miracle. "Hey, baby" I smiled. "Hey! Thanks for surprising me with Charlie fucking Puth" she laughs her voice hoarse. "No problem, is everything okay?" I asked unlocking my car. "Yeah, just been talking for a while" she laughs. "Oh, well drink water babe" I say. "I did" Miracle tells me. "Good, so why are you calling me?" I asked. "What? I can't call you telling you thank you?" she laughs. "Well, you can" I laughed. "So, um I was wondering if..." she trails off. She does that when she's thinking. "Yeah?" I asked now sitting in my car. "If you want to go to the beach and well, have a picnic or something" she nervously laughs. "I'm not the only romantic one" I smirked. "Shut up, so you don't have to answer it right away" Miracle laughs nervously. "It's a yes, tomorrow?" I asked. "Sounds great" Miracle smiled; I can hear it in her voice. "Great, you blew Charlie away by the way" I tell her. "Is that so? What about you? Did I blow you away?" she asked. "You always do" I tell her. She giggles. "I'll see you tomorrow, baby get some sleep and rest that pretty voice of yours" I say. "I will, good night Mr. Levine" she smiled and hung up.

I made it home. I emptied out my to go cup in the sink and put it in the dishwasher. I showered and went to sleep. I was tired as fuck. I love this job but shit it's tiring. I love coaching, really but I wish I could have a day... days off once in a while to spend time with my girl.