Second Round 2/3

Ness's P.O.V

It was crazy to see how Link used a single move to turn the whole match around me and fox were genuinely surprised. I wasn't even able to talk to Samus after her loss either since I needed to get to my own match.

As I got on stage I realized how nervous I really was. It was my first match and it was probably against the most unpredictable fighter at any time she...? he...? it could put me to sleep or land a rest and that would be the end of that stock

When the match started Jigglypuff rushed to me making me have to quickly dodge its attacks and left me to try and attack back with the openings left. I hit a PK Fire, swung with my bat and juggled Jigglypuff with PK Thunders and aerials until I took the first stock.

After that, I realized maybe I do stand a chance in this tournament. Though my thought was cut short after Jigglypuff put me in a combination of kicks and pounds and then Jigglypuff sang and suddenly I wasn't so full of adrenaline and where I was hit didn't hurt anymore. I was just tired and I felt so urged to fall asleep and I did. Until I was immediately awoken by a devastating hit and I knew exactly what it was. Jigglypuff landed a rest and it sent me straight to the blast zone.

When I was put back on stage I immediately grabbed and threw Jigglypuff offstage and saw Jigglypuff start to recover with multiple jumps. As I watched I thought for a second, Jigglypuffs jumps were easy to track so it'd be the best time to test some sort of punish plus if Link could do it nothing is stopping me. So I quickly jumped off stage over Jigglypuff and kicked down which they clearly didn't expect. It didn't send Jigglypuff straight to the blast zone but it still was enough to not give a chance to recover while I lifted myself with my PSI to get back on stage as they were teleported back as well

As I got on stage we both fought cautiously trying not to let the other get a big combo or hit and we just traded smaller attacks. Even with me acting defensive Jigglypuff still found a way land a hard kick throwing me offstage. "PK Thunder!" I yelled preparing to get back on stage. Except nothing happened. I guess I messed up somehow and I realized I was still falling "Aw Cmo-" I managed to say before I got cut off by hitting the blast zone.

And because of my mess up, it was back to an even match. Jigglypuff immediately tried to land hits on me making me shield and while Jigglypuff was open I went for a PK Fire seeing her wince as I announced the move. But yet again, nothing happened. There was no firebolt and Jigglypuff slowly opened her eyes and gave me a confused look. So I instead quickly started a combination of punches and kicks and lastly landing a hit with my Yoyo to send Jigglypuff straight up to the blast zone making me the winner.

As they were put back on stage I could tell Jigglypuff was upset. I didn't get a chance to say anything before Jigglypuff left. I did feel bad for taking cheap shots like that but I had a bigger problem my PSI wasn't working. I pondered over it while I made my way back to the spectator's room. I just didn't get it I wish my friends were here to help me and that's when I realized, it's homesickness

I thought I had it under control for the most part. I guess now it's getting worse and I decided I should go to my room and call my family and friends even if it meant skipping Fox's Match

Link's P.O.V

I know training after a match wasn't a great idea but I felt like should have. Especially since I almost lost to Samus I was lucky I was able to turn the match around so quickly and stay in the tournament.

In the middle of my training, I saw Ness walk by. I got to see some of his match and honestly, he seems to be a really good fighter. I did see he was able to kick Jigglypuff down to take a stock like I had done to beat Samus which I guess made him a fast learner too.

"Hey," I said to get his attention and I saw it took him slightly by surprise.

"I saw your match congrats on your win. you seem like a good fighter."

"Thanks"

"Do you want to do some quick training It'd be great to train with you."

"Sure I just have to go to my room and quickly do something"

"I'll be waiting here," I said as he walked off and I went back to training on my own