The Start of Melee

Ness' P.O.V.

As I was walking back to the main room I saw Samus, Fox, and Falco. Falco was invited this time?

"Hey, Ness," Samus said as I walked up

"Hi" I responded as Fox and Falco turned to me

"Glad to see your back, Ness," Fox said while Falco just kept staring at me.

Falco then turned back to Fox. "This is Ness? You lost to a kid in the last tournament?".

I kept quiet, did he really not know anything about me other than I beat Fox?

"Yeah so? he's a good fighter." Fox responded quickly

While the two of them were going back and forth Samus must have seen how uncomfortable I looked and told me "Don't worry about him he's just really competitive, especially to Fox.".

Soon after everyone else started coming to the main room and Pikachu, Pichu, Link, and Zelda joined the group. Naturally, there were a lot of greetings. As that was going on I looked around since this is the first time I was able to see everyone invited.

The first new people I noticed were Peach and Bowser. I even saw Ganon as I had guessed. The next two I noticed looked like knights, maybe not traditionally, but they both had swords at their hips. One of them looked younger with red hair and the other had blue hair. Lastly, I had noticed Nana and Popo again and the other Link was there.

I turned back to the group
"I'm gonna go talk to the newer fighters I'll see yall later," I said. It didn't seem like anyone noticed though, the group was getting pretty big.

"Hey Nana," I said as I walked up. Both of them turned around and said "Oh, Hi Ness," Nana then turned to Popo "He said Nana, not Popo!" "That doesn't mean I can't respond!". I laughed a little at their argument. "You're Ness?" I turned to see the younger Link putting his hand out. "Yeah," I said as I shook his hand. "I'm Link but since I'm apparently not the only one, they" he pointed to Nana and Popo who were still arguing, "are calling me young Link.". "Good to meet you," I said.

Master Hand then appeared in the room and all of us turned to where he had appeared. Immediately, Nana and Popo stopped arguing and tried to make it look like nothing had happened.

"I'm sorry for the wait everyone, but welcome to Super Smash Bros Melee. I see that some of you have already met the newcomers." He said looking around the room. 

"To those who are new here, our matches are different than other tournaments. Here, being hit doesn't drain any sort of health but, instead knocks you back. As you are hurt more and more, the knockback becomes stronger. on all sides of the stages, there are 'blast zones' if you touch them either by being launched into them or failing to get back on the stage, you will lose a stock. Once you lose three stocks, you lose the match."

"Thank you all for coming, All stages are open so you all may train if you wish"

I looked back to the group and saw they were heading to go train.

"Hey Ness, didn't you get second place tournament?"

I turned back around to look at Link or uh... Young Link "Yeah, why?"

"Let's train. you have to be a good fighter right?" He said as headed towards the training room motioning with his hands for me to follow.

"I guess so," I said reluctantly following him.

"Hey, wait for us!" I heard the ice climbers shout.

{AN: Alright, I think I'm giving up on being consistent. I've tried to no avail. Chapters will just come when they do, sorry. I hope you liked it. Until next time!}