Melee's First Round 1/2

Ness' P.O.V.

I was sitting in the spectator's room waiting for matches to start. I was the first one in the room and people only started to come in after the first match started. Popo and Young Link sat directly beside me and the rest of my friends sat in front of me.

"Hey, Popo where were y'all during training?" I asked

Nana leaned around Popo to look at me "Popo forgot his hammer and we get lost looking for our room." She answered

"How was I supposed to know we would need our hammers afterward?" Popo said,

"well if we lose our first match I'm blaming you,"

"Do you two even argue when you're asleep?" Young Link said annoyed.

Zelda then turned back to look at us four "Link, do not be so rude." 

The older Link then turned to Zelda "What did I do?" he asked.

"Not you, the other Link." She answered

"Sorry, Princess." Young Link said lowering his head.

"Uh, guys,  how about we just focus on the match?" I suggested trying to distract from the current situation.

"I guess we could but I think Samus just won," Popo said pointing at the stage.

I looked back at the match to see Samus and Donkey Kong shaking hands and proceeding to leave the stage.

"Oh ok, then we can watch the next match which is..." I pulled a paper out where I wrote down all the matches. "Peach and Pikachu. Pikachu will win this match easily he was basically unbeatable in the first tournament."

"Ness, Pikachu just lost his first stock." I heard Young Link say.

"What?!" I looked at the match which I hadn't even known started yet and saw Pikachu being put back on stage.

During the whole match, Peach was usually floating above the ground making the thunder jolts he always used, useless. If he ever tried to jump up to hit her she would just hit him before he could put a move-out. Even though the match wasn't entirely one-sided Peach still won easily.

I started to realize this tournament was much more different than the first one. Matches were way shorter and the winner of the last one, lost in the first round. We all noticed Pikachu walk in, he looked so defeated. I saw Link and Samus trying to cheer him up, but it didn't seem like he was listening.

"So does this mean Peach is the best fighter here now?" I heard Popo ask.

"Popo!" Nana yelled "What? It's just a question." He responded.

I ignored the question and kept just looking at Pikachu. I felt bad for him. 

I didn't have much time to think about it though. Since another match had ended. This time it was Fox and Ganondorf and Fox had won. At least that made sense. 

There was so much going on so quickly. It was so overwhelming. So I decided to ignore everything and focus fully on the next match. 

I pulled out my paper again to see who it was. Marth and Pichu. I looked back up to see Pichu and the "blue knight" I saw on the first day step on to the stage.

Once the match had started it became one-sided very quickly. Pichu tried to fight aggressively like Pikachu always did but, Marth had one thing that just never let Pichu hit him, his sword. Before Pichu could ever get close enough to hitting Marth, He'd already be hit by Marth's sword. This went on for all of Pichu's 3 very short stocks while Marth hadn't even lost one.

I hadn't expected much out of Pichu but, there was no way that the whole match was just cause Pichu wasn't a great fighter.

As Marth walked back into the spectators' room. There was a lot of attention on him but it seemed like he hadn't noticed and just sat down to watch the next match start.

"Ness, you should go talk to Marth." Popo suggested.

"What? Why does it have to be me?" I asked.

"You were in the last tournament. He probably respects you more" Young Link added.

"He doesn't have to do it if he doesn't want to." Nana tried explaining to the two.

"Ok, I'll talk to him," I said

"Wait, really?" I heard Nana ask.

"Yeah, I'll talk to y'all later," I said as I left the group.

"Hey, Marth," I said as I went up to him.

He turned his head away from the match to look at me "Oh, Hello there Ness," He said before looking back at the match.

"Y-you know my name?" I asked

"Of course, you got 2nd in the last tournament after all."

"Yeah, I guess you're right, I came over to say, good job on your match."

"Why, Thank You." He said glancing back to me.

I looked over at the match and saw Link against the 'red knight'. I pulled out my paper and saw the match was Link vs Roy.

"Is Roy one of your friends?" I asked as I sat down to a seat next to him.

"Not before this tournament he wasn't, but we are both here representing Fire Emblem games." He responded

I watched the rest of the match quietly. For the most part, Link had no trouble winning because he had enough projectiles to keep Roy from being close enough to hit him but unlike Marth, Roy was less patient and more aggressive and occasionally got a few strong hits on Link. Once the match ended I got back up.

"I should go back with my friends. Good to meet you." I said as I put my hand out to Marth.

Without getting up he looked up at me, "Of course," he said as he shook my hand.

{AN: This originally was meant to have all of the first round  but it been awhile since I've put a chapter out and it'd be on the longer side so enjoy this part for now.}