Melee Invitation

Ness' P.O.V.

I had some friends over at my house to hang out. We would usually play video games with each other.

Once Nintendo made Super Smash Brothers a game I was mailed a free copy with a letter thanking me for being a particpant. The game itself ended up being a great group game that all my friends enjoyed. It was also a great way to tell my friends what the tournament was like.

I obviously, played myself, Paula usually played Pikachu, Poo played Kirby, and Jeff played Mario. As much as I hated to admit it Paula was slightly better than the rest of us as Pikachu.

Eventually the match was just Paula and Poo left

"I remember Kirby and Pikachu's match it was probably the first really good match in the tournament." I said just as Paula won with Pikachu's thunder.

"Well Played, Paula" Poo said

"Thanks Poo, Its been fun playing but it's getting late I think we should go soon." She responded.

"Alright I'll head out with yall. I need to get the mail anyways." I said as we all got up to leave the room.

"Who's gonna teleport me back this time?" Jeff asked once we left my house

"I'll teleport you home Jeff." Paula said as I went to grab the mail

"Well, see ya Ness." Paula said "Goodbye Ness." Poo said

"Bye guys," I said as they started their teleports while I looked through the mail

Then I saw a letter that was for me. I turned it around and saw a familiar red stamp.

"Guys wait!" I shouted

I then saw Paula and Poo cancel the teleport and cover themselves in ash.

"Whatever this is, it better justify covering us in soot." Jeff said cleaning his glasses.

"Oh, sorry but, I just got a letter with the Super Smash Bros stamp." I said

"Really? Let me see!" Paula said as she finished dusting off her dress.

She then grabbed the letter from me, opened it, and read it out loud

Dear Ness,

We are proud to announce that you have been rechosen to represent Earthbound in Super Smash Brothers Melee where you will be put up against the 11 original participants and 13 new participants. We hope you are able to attend the tournament and wish you luck if you choose to.

Sincerely, Nintendo

"13 new participants? You're so lucky you get to meet all these cool characters." Paula said.

"Congratulations Ness, best of luck to you." Poo said

"Well you got second place the first time didn't you?" Jeff added

"Yeah, I'll tell y'all how it goes" I responded

"We look forward to then, Goodbye" Poo said starting his teleport again.

"Bye Ness, for real this time" Jeff said

"Bye, Have fun." Puala said with a smile as she started the teleport.

"Thanks, Bye" I said as they all teleported away.

As they left I immediatly tried to tell Lucas about the letter.

"Hey Lucas, I just got a letter inviting me to the next Super Smash Bros tournament!" I gave the message a quick thought and knew it would send.

After the tournament, as we messaged each other more they became a lot easier to send, started to reach us quicker, and eventually I started to get them while I was awake.

Sadly, it had been a while since I had heard from Lucas. He just suddenly stopped responding but I hope this will get some response out of him.

As I put back the letter I realized there was something else in the letter. I pulled it out and saw it was a plane ticket. They're using a plane?

Samus' P.O.V.

Signal Received

Dear Samus,

We are proud to announce that you have been rechosen to represent Metroid in Super Smash Brothers Melee where you will be put up against the 11 original participants and 13 new participants. We hope you are able to attend the tournament and wish you luck if you choose to.

Sincerely, Nintendo

After I read it out I tried to contact Fox and he picked up pretty quickly.

"I guess you just got the message too huh?" He asked

"Yeah, I'll meet you on the way there again. 'Til then," I said ending the call

Eventually we saw each other and I contacted his ship again.

"Guess we start from here?" I said

"Start what?" He asked

"The race there,"

"You still wanna race after winning twice?" He asked

"And What? You don't?"

Before he could respond someone else contacted him while a ship identical to his flew past us.

"You weren't the only one invited this time Fox. Try to keep up." I heard from Fox's ship

"Who was that?" I asked him

"Falco, He's part of Star Fox too, and now it looks like he's part of this race." He said as he started his ship and flew off as well leaving me behind and ending the call.

"Oh, so know he wants to race." I whispered to myself as I quickly started my ship and followed them as fast as I could. I was two for two so far and I didn't plan on losing that streak