3rd Place Match

Lucas' P.O.V

It had been a day or two since I sent the message. I didn't even think it had sent. That was until this morning,

I was eating an omlette with my family when I got a PSI message.

"Hi it's Nes_, I got your message. Th_nks for the support. I hope we meet someday to_"

As I started to hear it I felt my face start to warm up.

"Lucas, Are you okay? You look a little red." My mom asked

"I'm fine." I said covering my face. "I'm going to my room" I said getting up from the table

I was thrilled to know Ness got my message, but it was a little off, I could understand it pretty easily, but was mine like that?

I sat on my bed and tried to send another message

"Hey its Lucas again, I'm so glad you got the message and thanks for responding. This probably won't get to you till after the tournament ends, but what's it like in the tournament with all the other fighters?"

Admittedly, I only added the question because I really wanted to keep talking to him and thought asking him about the tournament would probably make him respond back again.

After a bit my brother Claus came into the room "The next smash bros match is about to start." He said. He started watching the tournament pretty soon after I started when he saw me watching some matches

"Oh, sorry I got a little distracted" I said

"It's Link and Fox right? I think Fox'll win" I said

"No way, Link is gonna win" Claus responded

Ness's P.O.V.

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Samus asked me

"I don't know but this will be a fun match to watch"

"I guess I can agree to that" She responded

"Pika!" Pikachu said getting our attention as the match started. We looked to the screens and saw Link and Fox enter the stage.

Immediatly Link pulled out a bomb like he always did, Fox also used his blaster and rushed at Link. Link put up his bubble shield to block the laser and Fox's kick. Link then put him into a chain of fast upward slashes then threw a bomb up to him ending with a stab as he jumped after him.

As Fox was falling back down Link pulled another bomb and tried to throw a boomerang to him, Fox put up his reflector and got the best of Link as the boomerang went back to hit him. Fox landed on Link with a drill kick and did his own chain of kicks. Fox prepared a bicycle kick until Links bomb blew up pushing them slightly away from each other. As both got back both tried to rush in but Fox's running kick hit before Link could swing his sword. Fox tried to follow up with a strong kick but Link did a quick low sword swing and followed up with a strong slash having Fox lose his first stock.

"Aw, Come on Fox," I heard Samus whisper

Was she rooting for Fox? I tried to stop myself from rooting for some one but now I was kind of hoping Link would win.

Fox teleported back and made space between him and Link. Fox shot another laser and ran behind it again as Link was in his shield Fox grabbed him and threw him off stage. As Link did a spin attack back to stage Fox jumped to him and put out his reflector. Both hit eachother but Fox was pushed back to stage and Link was launched downwards making both of them on their second stock.

Link used his invincibility time to pull out a bomb and rush Fox to do 2 quick swings and a ton of fast pokes and followed after him when he was pushed back with a running sword poke and threw his bomb after that. Link tried to run at him again but Fox shot a laser and stunned Link enough to jump on him with another drill kick back into his upward kicks and without anything to interrupt him he did a strong bicycle kick. Fox jumped under Link, so Link pushed his sword under him and Fox was quick enough to dodge out of the way. When Link landed he threw out a boomerang and Fox jumped over it just as Link caught him out of the air with three upward sword swings putting Fox on his last stock.

During Fox's invincibility he ran at Link making him use his shield and spot dodge but Fox called it out while he charged a kick long enough to catch the dodge putting him on his last stock too.

In Link's invincibility he put space between each other and pulled a bomb Fox tried to keep the space but as little happened, he realized he had to start attacking so he ran to Link avoiding a boomerang he threw but Link hit him in midair with his bomb pushing him into the returning boomerang too. Link followed by pulling another bomb and running over to that end of the stage and doing another low sword swing into a strong sword swing pushing Fox off stage. As Link saw Fox trying to get back he followed him off. Fox noticed and used his air jump to get over Link and put his reflector up shooting link down. Except mid-launch Link's bomb blew up. They were both far from the stage Fox could maybe make it, but Link definitly couldn't so he instead jumped as close as he could to Fox while he charged firefox and trapped him into his spin attack pushing him as far away from the stage as possible with the final hit pushing Fox into the blastzone. Link had won the match.

I was glad Link won but I was ready to get to the stage for the finals so I said bye to Samus and got to the stage.

I entered the stage and saw the huge crowd it made sense for the finals, so I put my focus back on the match, got in a ready stance and saw Pikachu do the same.

I was ready to win this tournament.