Prologue

ALRIGHT GUYS LISTEN UP! I know this is probably the dumbest fan fiction you will EVER read but I don't care. I had the funnest time writing this and imagining it. There's barely any romance or kissing in it, so deal with it! I just thought it would be cute to write this so I did. . . in like three days, might I add. 

If you haven't seen Barbie's The Princess and the Pauper, don't even read this. You disgust me. Kidding, but seriously, go watch it. That was my childhood. So I thought, why don't I combine my one of my childhood movies with Larry and Ziall? So I did. BTW, I know Harry and Niall aren't identical but for the sake of this story just please accept it. Thank you. Sorry you're reading this but at the same time, enjoy. - Brianna (...my name is ruined now btw.)

PS. No there is no smut, we ARE NOT RUINING BARBIE THIS WAY (thank you for coming to my TED talk)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Long ago and far away, in a village high on a mountaintop, something amazing was occurring. At the very same moment, two practically identical baby boys were born.

One, a baby prince. The king and queen were overjoyed. Prince Niall would have only the finest.

The second baby boy was named Harry. His parents loved him every bit as much as the king and queen loved their prince, but they were very worried. They were so poor. . . how would they be able to care for their little son?

Many years passed. The prince, Niall, learned his royal duties, while Harry worked long and hard as an overworked baker at the local bakery for the spiteful Madame Carp. He owed Madame Carp a lot of debt since his parents took a loan from her to take care of their son. Unfortunately, they passed away early on and Harry, became Madame Carp's property. He owed a few thousand pounds, and would have to work as a baker until he finally managed to pay her back. However, interest kept accruing each year, making it difficult for Harry to ever get close to finishing his loan.

With lives so different from one another, it wasn't surprising that the prince and the pauper never met. But fate. . . decreed that they would.

It all started at the royal mine, where the workers informed the queen that the gold had run out ever-so suddenly. The widowed queen was shocked. It was supposed to last a lifetime. The kingdom was now bankrupt. How was she going to take care of her people with no money? She needed to think of a plan. . and fast!

If only she could call her trusted adviser Fitzgerald, but he was away on a long business trip. She needed to do something quickly to save the kingdom. . . but what?

And then, just like that, an idea struck. Nearby lived a rich young king who was seeking a partner.