Chapter Eight

"It is official, then," the ambassador stated. "Due to the disappearance of the prince, the wedding to King Louis is cancelled."

Zayn suddenly bursted in the ballroom. Everyone seemed shocked by this.

"Your Highness, wait! May I present, Prince Niall."

"Darling?" the Queen called out, hopeful.

Harry walked in with the blond wig on his head. He was wearing one of Niall's fancy suits. He walked high and mighty. . . until he tripped and fell down. He quickly got up and composed himself. He walked over to the Queen and she hugged him.

"Niall, you're back," she exclaimed happily. "Where have you been?"

"I am sorry," Harry responded, using his fake Irish accent he had perfect throughout the night. "I should not have run away."

"It's okay love," she smiled. "Just promise me you'll never do it again."

"Promise."

Louis was staring at Niall with such admiration. The moment Niall walked in the room, he felt captivated. There was something about him that seemed. . . different. He wanted to get to know the prince better. He couldn't wait until they could "officially" meet. He was still pretending to be an acquaintance to the ambassador.

"I still think we should cancel the wedding," the ambassador grumbled.

Louis coughed and the ambassador quickly said, "But an agreement is an agreement. The wedding is back on! King Louis is. . . is due tomorrow!"

Harry bit down on his bottom lip and hid his frown. That was so soon. . . "Tomorrow?"

"And then, only a few days short before the wedding," the Queen said excitedly, clapping her hands together. She looked around the room and frowned. "Has anyone seen my spectacles? I've seemed to misplace them."

"If you'll. . . excuse me," Fitzgerald grumbled. "I must be off to see to the. . . ugh. . . arrangements." He walked by Dusty, who growled at him; causing him to jump. "Who let this mangey beast in here?"

"Everything alright, Fitzgerald?" Zayn asked, watching his every move.

"It soon will be."

He laughed and left the room. Dusty walked over to Zayn and had something in his mouth. He frowned and kneeled down, grabbing whatever it was. "What do you have there, boy? From a silver fir tree. . . what is Fitzgerald doing in the Western Forest?"

Zayn started to follow him when he was pulled aside by the Queen. "I want to hear all about how you found Niall!"

"Of course," Zayn faked a smile. His investigation would have to start later that night.