Chapter Eleven

Harry was pacing around in Niall's room, while Dusty was lying down on the bed. He felt like he was going to have a panic attack. He couldn't do this. . . how could he? He was a pauper for Pete's sake! He couldn't pretend to be the prince; he was nowhere near being a prince.

"How am I going to do this? Everyone will know I'm a fake. They'll throw me in the dungeon in two seconds flat! Oh Zayn, where are you? Why aren't you here?" Harry groaned.

A few moments later, Fitzgerald showed up and smiled at the prince; showing his disgusting, yellow teeth. "Your most handsome, Highness."

Dusty barked at him and Harry tried not to smile. Fitzgerald jumped up from the shock and tried to wave it away. "Shoo! What's this stupid cat doing here?"

"He belongs to me," Harry's voice boomed; crossing his arms.

"Oh, he's yours?" Fitzgerald smirked, seeming. . . amused. "Well, in that case, a thousand apologies. Such a canine. . . feline. What happened to the other one?"

Oh right, Harry thought to himself, Niall has a cat as well!

"She's around. . . somewhere."

"I see," he nodded, staring at Harry up and down. He leaned in closer and squinted his eyes. "So rare. . . that you're apart. Nonetheless, the Queen has sent me to escort you to meet the King."

"Uh, thank you."

The two walked out of Niall's room and headed into the ballroom. Fitzgerald opened the door and cleared his throat. "May I announce. . . Prince Niall."

King Louis turned around and smiled when he saw Harry. Harry's heart stopped for a second before he started walking over. Louis did the same until they were only a few steps away from each other. The moment they locked eyes, Harry felt like he was weak in the knees. Good lord, Niall was so lucky! This man was gorgeous! He had soft blue eyes, soft, caramel-brown hair that went slightly past his ears, and a heart-stopping smile. He was slightly shorter than Harry and that just made him swoon that much more.

"Oh hello, darling," the Queen said and smiled; completely oblivious that the two were having a moment. "Come, come. I want to introduce you to King Louis. He has something he wants to tell you. Ugh, where are my spectacles?"

"I'm honored," King Louis said softly; not taking his eyes off Harry's.

Harry felt a lump in his throat and he suddenly started feeling very sweaty. Was it the wig? It hadn't bugged him before. . . why was he starting to freak out? Maybe it was the fact that the King was bloody gorgeous and smelled really nice - to the point where it was practically intoxicating - and Harry didn't know what to do.

"Uh, the honor's mine," Harry fumbled with his words. "King Louis."

"Please, just call me Louis."

"Oh, call me Ha- I mean, Niall. Prince Niall. That's my name."

Harry laughed awkwardly, but Louis didn't seem to notice. He too, was too busy being entranced by this man's beauty. He had gotten a quick glimpse at Niall before. . . but he seemed, somehow different. He couldn't quite place his finger on it.

Dusty walked up and barked in a friendly tone. Louis looked down and chuckled lightly. He bent down and began petting him; causing Dusty to wag his tail in excitement. "I hope his bark is bigger than his bite."

"He likes you," Harry smiled softly.

Louis smiled and stood up, being closer to Harry than before. Harry gulped, but Louis didn't notice. He looked into "Niall's" eyes and said in a low voice, "I'm sure you're wondering why I disguised myself as a page. I wanted to meet you without all this - this ceremony. To get to know the real you."

"The real me. . .," Harry frowned.

He suddenly felt very guilty. Of course he wanted to help Niall in any way he could; but he also didn't want to lead the King on. . . the hot, sexy, smoldering King. . .

Thankfully, the Queen intervened. "King Louis, would you do us the honour of playing the piano? I've heard that you love music."

"You do?" Harry asked softly.

He hadn't realized that he was slowly leaning in; closing the space between the two of them even more. Louis's cheeks flushed and he nodded slowly. "I will, uh, if the prince agrees to sing with me."

"Sing with you," Harry repeated, taking a couple steps back. "No, no, I couldn't."

"Something tells me you have a wonderful voice."

There was a hint of sparkle in Louis's eyes when he said that. Harry couldn't say no; so instead, he found himself walking towards the piano. Louis sat down on the bench and started playing a small tune. He looked at Harry and smiled expectantly. Harry couldn't do it. He couldn't. He clammed up.

"Sing darling."

He looked over at the Queen and sighed; he couldn't turn down an order from the Queen, now could he? Louis started up his soft tune again and looked at Harry. Harry shut his eyes and just let the words pour out.

Once a chap, met a lad
"You're gentle one," said he

In my heart, I'd be glad if you loved me for me

You say your love is true, and I hope that it will be

Louis started singing, which surprised Harry. He couldn't believe how gorgeous Louis's voice was. He felt himself falling with every new word he sang.

I'd be sure, if I knew that you loved me for me

Suddenly, Harry felt confident and forgot about everything else in the room. He sat down beside Louis on the bench and smiled; singing with raw emotion.

Could I be the one you're seeking?

Will I be the one you choose?

Can you tell my heart is speaking?

My eyes will give you clues

Louis chuckled and subtly moved slightly closer to Harry. He couldn't believe how well their voices fit together. He never wanted "Niall" to stop singing.

What you see may be deceiving

Truth lies underneath the skin

Hope will blossom by believing

The heart that lies within

I'll be yours

Together we shall always be as one

If you love me for me

Who can say where we'll go?

Who can promise what will be?

But I'll stay by your side if you love me for me

If you love me for me

Louis finished the song and smiled softly at Harry. He wondered if everyone could see how enamored he felt towards the prince. Suddenly, he didn't feel like this arranged marriage was such a bad idea. . .

The Queen and Fitzgerald left; leaving them alone to get to know each other better. Louis turned around so he could face Harry. Harry did the same and tried desperately not to blush at any given moment.

"There's something about you. . . you're honest, no pretenses. I like that. Until tomorrow, Your Highness."

Louis grabbed Harry's right hand and gave him a small kiss. Harry instantly felt goosebumps crawl all over his skin. The moment Louis's lips left his skin, he felt. . . different; as if something was now missing. Louis gave him one last award-winning smile and the goosebumps intensified. He walked off and Harry let out a big sigh.

"Honest? No pretenses?" he frowned. He looked down at his cat and shook his head. "Oh Dusty, Zayn and the prince are still missing. . . and I think I'm falling in love with the King.