Chapter Nine

Cannon and Melon were playing an intense round of Go Fish. Curse words were involved, muffin bits were flying everywhere. Meanwhile, Niall had come up with a plan to get out of the room.

"Help! Help! Please help me," Niall called out in a panicked voice.

The men stopped playing their game and got up, heading towards the door. "What is it?"

"Hurry!"

Melon grabbed the keys and unlocked the door. There was a sheet floating in midair.

"A ghost! Get it, quick!"

"You're older, you get it," Melon said, scared.

"You're closer, you get it!"

The sheet fell on top of them and they screamed. Niall smiled and ran out of the room; his cat following him. "Good job Nandos!"

They ran out of the house and made their escape. Thankfully, they did it just in time, as Fitzgerald came to visit. He walked in and noticed the door was unlocked and empty. He groaned and shoved a chair.

"You idiots! You let him escape?! I can figure out how the prince escaped you two. . . but why didn't he tell the Queen he'd been captured? Something is odd. I must solve this prince puzzle if I'm to be King."

"King?" Zayn mumbled to himself. He was spying from the outside through a window. There was some wood blocking off the window, but he could still see. He accidentally put too much pressure on one of the wood blocks, causing it to move. Fitzgerald quickly went outside and saw Zayn trying to mount back on his horse.

"Looking for something, Zayn?"

"How can you be King?"

The next thing he knew; there was a huge bag placed above him. Fitzgerald snickered and replied, "You're the tutor. You're supposed to have all the answers."

***

Niall and Nandos headed back to the castle. They had taken Horvé with them so they could arrive faster. When they got to the front gate, the guards noticed immediately.

"Who goes there?"

"Prince Niall," he said shakily.

He had his blue cape wrapped around him; he was shivering. The guard snorted. "If you're the prince, then I'm the King."

"But, I am the prince," Niall frowned.

"Really?" the guard replied dubiously. "Then how come I just saw the prince eating dinner with the Queen?"

"What prince?"

"Move along," the guard yelled, "before I lose my temper."

"You are speaking to Prince Niall," he said with force. "Let me in!"

"Leave, NOW!"

Niall was so frightened that he decided to do just that. They headed into the town and Niall slowly got out of the mini wheelbarrow seat. Nandos quickly followed and he smiled softly, "We'll find some help here. I just know it."

Unfortunately for him, Madame Carp walked out of the pub and looked at Niall. She groaned and rolled her eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I beg your pardon?" Niall replied, feeling offended.

"Not another word," Madame Carp huffed. "You're coming with me."

She grabbed his arm and led him to the shop. Nandos quickly followed. Madame Carp opened the door to the bakery. Bert looked up in shock. He was still working on some pastries for tomorrow morning.

"Not done yet?" she snapped. "If you weren't such a lazy cow, those pastries would be finished by now!"

"How dare you speak to him that way," Niall accused.

Madame Carp blinked at him in shock. Harry had never spoken back before. This was new, and she didn't like it. "How dare I? How dare I? Just who do you think you are?!"

"Prince Niall!"

She burst out laughing, clutching her stomach. She was laughing so hard she practically stumbled. She wiped away tears from her eyes and shook her head. "Too bad you're stuck being my servant for the rest of your life, you could have made it as a comedian. Prince Niall, that's a hoot! You've got to change a lot more than your hair and a bad accent to look like the prince."

"But-"

"Now shut up and get back to work," she ordered.

Niall looked taken aback. Man, this lady was really starting to piss him off. "I'm warning you, if you're going to treat your pastry chefs like this, we'll take our royal business elsewhere."

Madame Carp couldn't believe what she was hearing. "You're warning me? We'll see your attitude change by morning. You're not coming out until every pastry and bread are finished. . . Harry!"

With that, she shut the door and locked it on the other side. Niall frowned. "Harry? What?" He ran up to the door and tried opening it. He groaned and sighed to himself. "Locked in again. . ."

"Harry, that is you, isn't it?" Bert asked, confused.

***

That night, Niall and Bert figured out a plan to get him out of there. They had a little receipt that said Madame Carp's Bakery and they rolled it up and put it through Niall's ring, attaching it Nandos's collar. Then, she would have to travel all the way to the palace to inform someone where he was.

"If Dusty can slip in and out, I'm sure your pretty little Nandos can do it too."

Niall grinned and turned to his kitty. He pet her softly, scratching behind her ears. "Nandos, it's all up to you now. Take this to the castle. When someone reads the label, it will lead them here and then we'll be saved."

Nandos purred and went through a window, jumping down. She felt so alone and scared, but she knew she had to do this for Niall.

"This is going to be a long night."