Chapter Fourteen

Harry was stuck in the dungeon all alone. He was sitting on the ground, with his knees crouched together. He felt broken; who knew how long he was going to be stuck here? Worst of all. . . he was never going to see Louis again.

All throughout his life, he felt like a prisoner. . . and now, he was an actual prisoner. He started crying, resting his head against his knees.

***

The Queen was in Niall's room, looking at the hand-drawn portrait of him. She had been crying all night; she was devastated. Not only that, she still had a duty to uphold. How was she going to keep the kingdom and village out of poverty?

"Ah, just who I wanted to see."

Fitzgerald let himself in the room. The Queen didn't want to see anyone right now; she just wanted to mourn the death of her son. Then again, she was taught to always be polite. "Fitzgerald, what is it?"

"I'm here to solve all your problems," he smirked.

The Queen kept her head down. "You can't bring back my son."

"That is true," he responded. He walked over to her and lifted up her chin with his index finger. "But, I can provide you the answer to saving your kingdom. A little business venture of mine was very successful. You could even say I struck gold. I'm as wealthy as King Louis."

Before the Queen could say anything, Fitzgerald broke into song.

Well your good luck has departed and your people soon will starve

Au revoir to your foie gras and cheese fondues

But because I'm so good-hearted half my fortune I will carve

I feel your pain, so how could I refuse?

But to give me some incentive, there's just one thing I require

And it's something that you never even use

He walked over to the King's crown and practically drooled over it. He cleared his throat and got back into character.

And it's nothing that inventive just the one thing I desire

This simple crown, yes, how could I refuse?

Oh don't let your spirits falter I've a ring box in my hand

And I booked a band so grab your dancing shoes

And come with me to the altar see the kingdom as you plan

Yes, marry me for how can you refuse?

How can you refuse?

***

Dusty managed to get out of the prison cellar through one of the windows. He stretched and yawned; having just woken up. Suddenly, he saw a horse running towards him in a frantic panic.

"Are you Dusty? Nandos's friend?"

"I'd like to think so," Dusty responded.

"She needs help, and so does the prince!"

"What?" Dusty barked. "Show me, quick!"

***

Back in the mine, Zayn was using an axe to try to pick their way out. Rocks were flying everywhere. Unfortunately for Nandos, one hit her tail. She cried out and Niall frowned, turning towards her.

"Sorry Nandos."

He leaned down and grabbed the rock that hit her. It was slightly cracked open. As Zayn kept pickaxing, Niall slowly opened the rock. Inside, it was filled with amethyst. His eyes opened in surprise, and he closed the rock slowly, keeping it in his heads. Zayn grunted and threw the axe on the ground, sitting down on a little bench.

"It's hopeless," he sighed. "I'm sorry Niall."

Niall frowned and sat down beside him, gently rubbing his back. They sat for a few moments in silence before Niall decided to speak up. "Do you know why I didn't want to marry the king?"

"You weren't ready to get married," Zayn shrugged, clearly having not given it that much thought. Truth was, he couldn't give it that much thought. It hurt him too much to think about Niall marrying anyone but himself.

"No," Niall sighed, looking down at the rock. "I was in love with somebody else. . . my best friend. The man who's taught me so much."

Niall slowly looked up at Zayn and his corners of his mouth were twitching into a smile. His cheeks flushed and he slowly shook his head. "But I'm not a King. I can't give you what he can."

Niall wished that Zayn could see himself as he did. Niall didn't care that he wasn't a King. He was kind, and sweet, and funny, and a perfect gentleman to Niall. . . he also wasn't bad on the eyes. Actually, if Niall was being honest, he was stunning. Niall had been in love with him for years, and he couldn't hold it in any longer. He thought if they were going to die, he might as well profess his undying love to Zayn.

"I think you're like this."

Niall held up the rock and Zayn looked confused.

"A rock?"

Niall laughed and shook his head. "Unassuming on the outside," he started off. He opened the rock to reveal the beautiful amethyst. "But a treasure within."

Zayn's heart soared. He had no clue that Niall was just as much in love with him as he was with Niall. He decided that if they were going to die, he was at least going to enjoy himself and do what he's wanted for years.

He cupped Niall's jaw in his hands and slowly leaned in, pressing his lips against his. Niall was shocked, but quickly reacted. He kissed back slowly and let himself relax. He could not believe he was kissing Zayn!

Niall wrapped his arms around Zayn's neck, dropping the rock. They heard something yelp and quickly pulled away from each other. Niall looked down and noticed the rock had hit Nandos. He chuckled softly. "Sorry Nandos. . . again."

***

"Don't tell me she's in there," Dusty groaned.

They were at the mine. Hervé looked away awkwardly and replied, "Okay, I won't tell you."

Dusty sighed when suddenly, he began sniffing something. He walked around with his nose high up in the air, sniffing around.

"I'm getting. . . something. . . there's another way in."