Chapter Sixteen

"Niall?!" the Queen called out.

"B-But he's dead," Fitzgerald stammered. "The imposter must have escaped!"

"No Fitzgerald," Niall shook his head. He pulled down his sleeve and showed everyone his birthmark. The Queen gasped and ran over, hugging him.

"It is you! You're alive," she exclaimed, hugging him tightly.

The crowd were all cheering and exclaiming that the prince was back. The Queen slowly pulled away and wiped away her tears. "But where were you? I thought. . ."

"What he," Niall pointed to Fitzgerald who was trying to escape, "wanted you to think!"

Louis and Harry were walking by when they noticed the commotion going on. They ran over and Harry grinned. "It's the prince; he's alive!"

Louis pretended to be happy, but he was actually sad. Did that mean he had to marry Niall now? He wasn't sure how he could go through with it when he had already fallen for someone else. . . who's name he still had yet to learn. He didn't have time to ask yet; they were sort of busy trying to escape.

"Guards, take him," the Queen ordered.

Fitzgerald looked around until he spotted Hervé the horse. He quickly ran over and jumped on, grabbing the reins tightly and forcing him to start galloping away.

"He can't get away," Harry exclaimed.

"He won't," Louis responded.

Both Louis and Zayn ran to their horses, who happened to be side by side. They hopped on and started chasing after Fitzgerald. Melon and Cannon looked at each other before starting to escape as well. They were running past Niall and Harry and both boys put their feet out, causing Melon and Cannon to trip.

"Nice to see you again," Niall laughed.

"Going somewhere?" Harry smirked.

Bob, the last one left in the gang, looked around awkwardly. He started walking away when Nandos and Dusty showed up together. "Not so fast, puffy."

"Now who has nowhere to go?" Nandos purred.

"Yeah, nowhere to go," Bob barked. "But through you!"

The two moved out of the way and Bob ended up biting into a post. He pulled away and saw his gold tooth stuck in the post. "My tooth! Oh my beautiful gold tooth!"