Chapter Ten

Harry was sitting on Niall's king-sized bed. He was in the comfiest satin pyjamas in the world and he felt like he was living the life. Of course, he was worried for Niall. . . but he had never received such amazing treatment before. He had just woken up from the best sleep he's ever had. . . and the longest sleep he's ever had. He slept in until nine in the morning. By five, he was usually up and ready to start his day.

Someone knocked on the door and he cleared his throat. "Come in!"

Dusty barked and Harry shook his head quickly, reminding him they had to pretend they belonged. The maid walked in carrying a tray of food. She frowned and looked around the room, confused.

"Did I hear a dog, Your Majesty? Should I call the Royal Dogcatcher?"

"No no," Harry denied. "There's no dog. Everything is fine."

"Your breakfast," the maid smiled.

She put the tray down on top of him. It had legs so it was standing up. Harry looked down at all the food and as if on cue, his stomach began growling. He was so hungry. . . and the food looked delicious. There was just one problem; there was too much of it.

"Look at all this food! Want some?"

He looked up at the maid and her cheeks turned pink. She shook her head quickly. "I-I couldn't, Your Highness."

"Nonsense," Harry laughed. "There's enough to feed an entire army! Please, take some."

The maid's cheeks turned redder and she nodded. She hesitated before she took a little cinnamon roll. "I, uh, thank you, um, sir. I'll draw your bath. Would you like bubbles, mineral salts, or lavender oil?"

Harry's eyes practically popped out of his head. He hadn't had a bath for as long as he could remember. He was lucky if he could get a five minute shower in every day. He grinned and replied, "Everything!"

***

In another room, the ambassador was talking with King Louis. They were bickering. "You're going to just tell him that you disguised yourself as a page? Are you sure that's wise, King Louis?"

"No," Louis frowned and bit down on his bottom lip. "I'm not sure, but I have to be honest. I think he'll understand. I didn't want to marry a stranger any more than he did."

***

Harry was sitting in the bath. He felt so relaxed and at ease. The temperature was absolutely perfect and between the bubbles, salts, and lavender oil. . . the bathroom smelled divine! Since he was in the bath, he decided he could take off his wig.

The moment he did, his curls flew out. He chuckles and shook his hair; getting it back to it's normal, chaotic, but somehow perfected, curls. "I may never come out of this bath."

Dusty kept trying to make a noise. It sounded like. . . he was trying to meow.

"What's wrong Dusty? Are you sick? Something in your throat?"

Dusty tried to make a noise again and Harry realized what was happening. "Are you. . . are you trying to meow?"

Dusty tried one last time, but let out a big bark. Harry chuckled and shook his head. He got out of the bath and dried himself off. He then put on Niall's white satin bathrobe. He walked over to Dusty and smiled softly.

I can see it when you're feeling low, you can't hide that from me

You're no status quo calico so why you keep trying to be?

Cause you're more than that

You're a doggish cat

I wish you could see the you I see

Dusty tried to meow again and Harry shook his head sadly. "No. . ."

I say, if you bark celebrate it

Make your mark, serenade it

Noah's ark, should have had a cat like you

And if what you are, is a strange you

Doesn't mean you should change you

Only means, you should change your point of view

"Prince Niall?" King Louis asked, knocking on the slightly open door. He heard singing and decided to listen in.

Hey feline, you fetch just fine

To thine own self be true

Your bow wow's the cat's meow

It's how I know you're you

Harry picked up Dusty and started twirling him around.

You don't need the bows or tiara

Big your woes sayonara

Trust your nose cause it knows the way to go

When you chase your tail, you're enchanting

Spirit sails when you're panting

When you wail, you're a rover Romeo

There is not one hair of you that I would rearrange

I love you the way you are and that will never change

That will never. . . change

Dusty woofed and Harry laughed, pecking the top of his head. "That's my boy."

***

Niall finished icing up a cupcake and held it out to show Bert. This was his twelfth attempt at creating a perfect cupcake, according to Madame Carp's standards. Bert looked at it and he was very impressed.

"That's perfect! It's-"

Niall wasn't gripping onto the cupcake tight enough, and instead, it fell icing first on the floor. He looked at it with utter defeat. "Correction," he mumbled weakly, "it was perfect."

"Please, Your Highness, you don't have to do this," Bert said softly, feeling bad. "I can handle it."

"I can't let you do it all by yourself," Niall frowned. "I want to help. I just need to get better at it."