Chapter Fifteen

"Look at you, looking at me."

Fitzgerald was all dressed up for his wedding that afternoon. He was looking in a mirror, admiring himself. He couldn't wait to finally become King. It was about damn time he deserve it, he thought. He didn't even know what he was going to do after becoming King; all he knew was that he wanted power. . . and becoming King, would give him that.

***

Zayn kept trying to pick at the rocks. He wanted to get out there. He didn't want him and Niall's kiss to be their first and last kiss. He kept hitting the rocks until something odd happened. . . water started gushing out from the cracks in the rocks.

***

"Hey, hey, hey! Down here!"

Dusty began digging with his paws until he ended up digging a huge hole.He turned to Hervé and grinned. "What do you make of that?"

"Oh, uh, you are an excellent digger?" Hervé answered, unsure of what to say.

"I mean, look! I'll bet I can get to Nandos and the prince this way!"

"You're going down there?" Hervé gulped.

"A cat always lands on his feet, even one that barks!"

Dusty barked and jumped down through the hole. Zayn and Niall heard something and turned around, seeing the cat.

"Harry's cat?"

That's when Zayn noticed there was an old mine shaft that led up to the land. By this point, water was up to their ankles. He realized that if they got enough water to flood the place, they would rise up to the top.

"Help me, Niall!"

They started moving the rocks out of the way, causing more water to gush through. Nandos and Dusty looked at each other, concerned.

***

Harry had managed to create a hook for himself using some straw and a clothes hanger he found. He turned that into a tool to grab the keys from the sleeping guard sitting by his cell. He kept humming "If You Love Me for Me" softly, hoping the guard wouldn't wake up.

He managed to reach the keys and slowly pulled it back into the cell. Ever so slightly, he put the key in the lock and turned it, opening the gate. He winced at the sound, but thankfully, the guard was still sound asleep.

He then ran out and started running to the entrance. Unfortunately for him, the guard's helmet fell down on his face while he was sleeping, which woke him up instantly. He noticed the cell gate was opened and called for backup.

Harry hid behind a pillar until he couldn't hear anything. Then, he began running. He bumped into someone without realizing.

"Oops."

"Hi."

Harry looked up and noticed it was a guard who had his helmet on; blocking his face. He immediately grabbed the 'prisoner' and Harry squirmed and tried to break free, but he couldn't manage.

The first guard came over and saw that Harry was trapped. He smirked. "Thought you could escape, did you? I'll lock him back up."

"I'm to take her to the castle," the guard who was holding Harry said.

His voice sounded familiar. . .

"But-"

"Queen's orders."

The first guard shrugged and mumbled, walking away. Harry looked up at the guard holding him as they began walking away.

***

The ceremony was held outside the castle and was just about to begin. Many villagers had gathered to watch the event go down. Everyone in the crowd muttered and gasped when they saw Fitzgerald walking down the aisle. He was walking down all smug-like and snapping and pointing fingers at people arrogantly.

"Looking good, sir Cannon," Melon said.

"Feeling good, sir Melon."

The Queen had arrived in a beautiful, white wedding dress. People could see the look of fear in her eyes. She took her time walking down the aisle, feeling more regret with every new step she took. Once she got to the end of the aisle, Fitzgerald saw how concerned she look.

"Smile, my dear. You're about to become my Queen."

"Only to save my people," she sniffed. "Your fortune will help them."

***

The guard kept bringing Harry out of the castle. He kept trying to fight but nothing was working. Instead, he decided to stomp on the guard's foot, which caused him to turn around and lift up his helmet.

"I guess I deserved that."

"Louis," Harry said in shock. "I. . . I need to explain."

Louis put a finger up to his lips to shush him. "I don't believe you're the person Fitzgerald says you are."

Harry's heart swooned and he had never felt happier. Man, he was a smitten kitten for King Louis. He checked him out, looking at his knight costume.

"You do love disguises, don't you?"

Louis chuckled and shook his head. He grabbed Harry's hand in his and replied, "Come on! We need to hurry."

***

"Do you, Fitzgerald, take this woman to be your bride?" the priest asked.

"Yes. How could I refuse?"

The priest looked taken aback by that last statement. He then turned to the Queen. "And do you, my Queen, take this man to be your husband?"

"I. . . I, uh," the Queen faltered.

She couldn't go through with it. Surely, there must have been some other way to help her kingdom. Fitzgerald rolled his eyes; he was getting impatient, and quick.

"I. . ."

"Wait, wait! Stop the wedding, mother!"