Chapter 10

Two weeks - two weeks of endless sailing and absolutely nothing has been seen that could be the blue star. Two weeks we've been stuck out here in the middle of the ocean, trapped in the middle of the storm. Thunder and lightening everyday and a constant pour of heavy rain - its a wonder why I haven't fallen over board yet with how rocky this boat has become. As another lightening bolt strikes down, I jump slightly as it scares me - the light blinding me for a few seconds and the noise deafening. However, I calm myself down enough to sit down on the end of the bed - gazing across at Gael who us tucked into bed with her small teddy gripped tightly in her hand. I send her a comforting smile before glancing across at Lucy - the girl sitting comfortably in the bay window. Things haven't quite been the same with us, the events at Coriakin's throwing a slight wedge into the friendship no matter how hard we try and get passed it or I try to help her get over her insecurities. 

"We are never going to find the blue star in this weather."

I mutter, watching the rain beat down heavily on the window panes - drumming so hard I'm afraid the glass is going to break. Lucy hums in agreement as she waltz's toward the bed - sitting comfortably beside me with a small sigh.    

"I know. This is horrible."

An awkward silence overcomes the two of us, neither knowing what to say to one another. However, a soft yawn from Gael catches my attention - the eleven year old snuggling down into the pillows with a sigh.   

"I'm tired."

I nod in agreement, trying to stifle a yawn of my own - shuffling into bed next to the young girl, my head hitting the soft pillow with a thud. I can hear Lucy and Gael muttering goodnight, to which I return before darkness surrounds me - the lights having been turned off by Lucy. Sighing, I stare at the ceiling - the sound of the storm outside lulling me to sleep, despite the fear that penetrates my body every clap of thunder and every bolt of lightening. Still, my eyes begin to drift close as my mind falls asleep - the world around me fading into nothing. 

~

I stare around in horror at the sight in front of me, wanting nothing more than to simply run away and cry in peace. But my feet are stuck in place, keeping me trapped despite my desire to escape - even my pleas for mercy come out muffled and mocked. I stare into the face of my brother, his once kind green eyes sparkling with mischief - laughing at my expense from his place on his throne. Cair Paravell's throne room is bright and vibrant, sunshine beating down through the glass roof - however, the comfort it usually brings has practically disappeared. I try to scream out again, trying to tell them all to stop but its as though I'm mute - my voice only coming out in scratches and stutters, rather than words. Its as though this makes it more amusing for them all - watching me struggle for sanity. Locking eyes with Peter, I try to plead with him but the High King simply watches with a grin on his face - finding my misfortune absolutely hilarious. Beside him, Susan snorts with glee - a wicked smirk on her face and her arms wrapped around the many suitors that come to her beck and call. She mutters about how she loves that they torture me - my heart breaking at the thought of her going out of her way to make me feel awful about this. She no longer acts as my older sister - watching over me with care and comfort. Struggling against myself, I'm able to take a few steps backward before I am glued once again to the ground - my body shuddering as I try to escape this torture. 

"Oh please, stop trying. Its never going to happen." 

My throat goes dry as Lucy's words bounce through me - the double meaning causing me to whimper. Not that she can hear, the sounds I wish to make still muffled by this magic that is surrounding me. Instead, I stare at the girl I call my best friend - the wicked glint in her eye shocking me to my core. She had always been such a caring soul, including everyone no matter their differences or flaws. Yet as I stare at her now, I know she is no longer as such - a sinister cackles escaping her lips as I struggle to leave.