WE MADE IT!

Swarali's POV

"Guys...today is the finals. I know that there's a lot of pressure on you guys and you all want to perform well. Just keep this in mind that give your hundred percent and rest you leave on the game. It's a do or die match. Give your everything in the game and hope for the best! Am I clear boys?" I said.

"YES!!" The room echoed with their voice.

"Are you ready?" I said in the top of my voice.

"YES" The boys screamed again.

"THEN LETS GO FOR IT!!" I said and the boys went for a last warm up.

Today's the finals of IPL T20 2019. It's a CSK Vs DC match. We really have never thought that the team would make up till the end but here they are! They really made us proud! Especially the captain. SHREYAS IYER. My love. We have been dating since the IPL 2017 started and it's been 2 years. A two years long relationship! It was tough though. But we made it!

I was lost in my thoughts when someone tapped my shoulder. It was him. He came and sat besides me and held my hand. Even though he had held my hands a million times, but each time I get shivers down my spine.

"Are you tensed?" I asked him

"Yeah...a bit. You?" He questioned.

"Yes...a lot!" I answered

"Don't worry. We will do our best!" He said assuring me.

"I believe you!" I said and kissed his cheeks as no one was there in the room.

Gradually, all the boys were in the room getting ready for the match. It was the time and everyone moved towards the field.

The toss was won by CSK and they decided to bat first. I could see tension on Shreyas's face already.

The match started really well. 10 runs were made in the first over itself. The game was definitely not in the hands of Delhi capitals in the next few overs. The score was 96/1 in 10 overs which is quite good.

The ball was given to Rabada for the next over and the first ball itself was a wicket. There was a relief in the hearts of the Delhi fans. The over was filled with one run and 4 dot balls. The next over was a slow one. There was nothing significant in the next 3 overs.

The score now is 135/2 in 15 overs.

The ball is handed to Kemo Paul in the next over and he took 3 wickets in the next 2 over. There was sense of hope in the mind now!

Dhoni came to bat and the whole stadium started chanting his name. My heartbeat was really fast and I went numb for some time. I don't have any idea about how the match will go. Dhoni hit the ball and it ended outside the stadium. He's truly GOD OF CRICKET! (After Sachin Tendulkar).

The next over was full over fours and sixes.

The score now is 180/5 in 19 overs.

The last over now. The ball was handed to Ishant and now I could hear my heartbeats clearly. He took wicket in the first ball itself. The over had 1 four, 2 runs and and a six!

Delhi capitals have a target- 193!!!

The match resumed after the innings break. Shikhar Dhawan and Prithvi Shaw walked towards the pitch and everyone started cheering for them.

In the first five overs the score was -55/0

The next over was handed over to Bravo. The batsman took 3 runs and after that we lost one wicket. It was Prithvi Shaw.

Rishab Pant walked in as Prithvi came in the dressing room. Rishab played really well. He was raining sixes and fours in the stadium. I am really proud of him!!

The score now was 108/1 in 10 overs and it's really good!

The next over was given to Harbhajan Singh. On the fourth ball he took a wicket of Shikhar Dhawan. He played really well and made a score of 59.

Shreyas walked in and I crossed my fingers. He stood on the non-striker end and Rishab was batting.

They played sensibly in the next 5 overs and the score was 150/2 in 15 overs.

We wanted we wanted 43 runs in 30 balls. There was a different kind of atmosphere in the stadium. The boys played sensibly in the next 4 overs. We need 10 runs in 6 balls now.

Rishab was on the strikers end and Shreyas on the non-striker end. My heartbeat was growing faster and faster. On the first ball itself, the ball went for a four.

The score was 6 in 5 balls.

On the next ball itself, Rishab was out! Everyone in the stadium went like 'OH NO!' Shreyas was in tension. The next batsman came and they got a run. We needed 5 runs in 4 balls.

And finally the last ball came and shreyas looked at me. The bowler was handed the ball by the captain. Everyone had their breath hitched. The bowler had done the delivery and there was a loud noise of the collision of bat and the ball. I shut my eyes close. There was silence in the stadium. I could hear my heartbeat easily.

I slowly open my eyes and I saw him! Slumped on the ground and all the players running towards him. I wanted to shout, I wanted to dance but the most I wanted to hug him and say," YES!!! WE DID IT!!"

DELHI CAPITALS WON THE IPL 2019!!!!!!

I ran towards the ground. I was allowed on the ground as I am a team staff. I ran towards Shreyas and hugged the life out of him. He hugged me tighter.

I enjoyed the post match presentation. The trophy was handed over to the players and they looked so happy.

After we were the trophy we made our way to the dressing room. We cheered a lot and cut the cake. We danced a lot!

Suddenly Shreyas held my hand and brought me in the middle of the room. Everyone had their mouth shut.

He said," Swarali, we had been together from 2 years. I love you so much dear. Today I want to take this relationship to another level. To a level where we spend each and every moment together. Where we would share our responsibilities. Where we would be one. Swarali, will you be Mrs. Iyer?" He said going on his knees.

I stood there motionless. I was numb. I couldn't understand what was going on. I managed to gather up my concious mind and say," YES MR. IYER! ITS A YES!!" And broke down in his arms. The whole team went like," Aww" in the background.

YES MR. SHREYAS IYER, WE MADE IT!!!!
___________________________

HEY THERE! so this is my first Shreyas Iyer imagine. Though Delhi played well they couldn't make up till the finals. So this was something that I could do.

swaraliparekar_5 hope you like this one! Sorry, I made you wait! 🌼😘