𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞

-

-

THE SUN BURST THROUGH THE CURTAINS in the early hours of Sunday morning, and my eyelids slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the situation I was in. After the party, the police came, so we all left, and I ended up leaving with Christian. Flashbacks of last nights events flickered through my head too fast for me to keep up, especially with my head pounding as much as it was. Stupid us having a party on a Saturday when we have a few extra study classes on Sunday. Although it's just two, and some study time, my headache was telling me how stupid I was for drinking so much. The hangover was horrible.

Sitting up, I rubbed my hands over my face, as if to hide from the light. I got up, groaning in response, remembering little bits and pieces of the night, seeing the image of me and Christian in bed together over and over in my head. After all the things I had said to Marina about nothing happening between me and Christian, I left the party with him and lust took over, drunken kisses turning into even bigger drunken mistakes. When we were drunk, we'd normally kiss, sure. But having sex, that was something we had made it pretty clear between us that it would never happen again. Yet here we are.

My thoughts raced as I tried to remember all the little events that lead to me getting into bed with Christian after the party. We played some games. Guzman showed up. And...

Nano.

Nano left with Marina, and as I recalled what I had seen, I still couldn't believe he'd do that to Samuel. I'd never seen Samuel so smitten by a girl, and I'd known him for quite a long time now. It was crazy how quickly he had grown so fond of the girl, and Nano knew that. Unbelievable. He's been back in his life for five minutes and he's already messing with Samuel's feelings. It was obvious to everyone that Samuel liked Marina, he made that very clear, and Nano had specifically gone for that girl. He could have got any girl at the stupid party, but he chose her.

I grabbed my phone off the side, noticing a few messages, one from Guzmán, two from Christian and one from Nano. Great. I stared at my phone screen for a second, contemplating whether or not to even open the messages, but decided against it for now, and instead got up to go make myself some coffee in the hopes that it would somewhat numb the pain of my headache, which felt like someone was bashing my head in with a hammer continuously.

Sipping my hot coffee as I walked around the room, I began trying to gather the things that I needed for school since I didn't have long and didn't want to be late. My phone began buzzing, indicating someone was calling me, and I looking over to see who was calling. Samuel's face popped up on the screen, and I swiped to answer the phone.

"Hola Samu." I mumbled out, my first attempt at speaking since I woke up, my throat still dry as hell, despite me almost finishing my cup of coffee. I heard a soft laugh as I put the phone on the bedroom side and turned the speaker on. "Want a lift?" He asked, slurred English very out of character for the boy. I smiled to myself, nodding before I remembered he couldn't see me. "Mmhmm." I mumbled out, and hear a mumbled response similar to my own voice. "Prepárate en cinco minutos. Estaremos afuera en el auto." And then the phone cut off, and I rushed to quickly get ready. Getting dressed in my uniform, I finished off the outfit with a pair of sunglasses to shield my eyes from the bright sunshine waiting for me outside. I shoved all my stuff in my bag, grabbing my keys off the side before leaving the apartment, locking the door behind me to meet Samuel, who I guess was waiting with his mum just downstairs. But as I left the apartment and reached the car, instead of his mother sitting in the driving seat, I was greeted by one of the people I really didn't want to see today.

Nano.

Great.

If I hadn't been late, I almost wouldn't have got in the car. But without the lift, I'd most definitely be in trouble at school, so I guess I'd have to suck it up and deal with it. I sure as hell wasn't going to be the one to tell Samuel that his brother hooked up with the girl he really likes. Nope. Nano can deal with that himself.

I opened the door to the car slowly, filled with unease as I stepped in the family's red car, sliding to the seat behind the driver's seat so I didn't have to face Nano. I smiled softly to Samuel, removing my sunglasses as he took off his headphones to talk. "Oye. Te ves horrible." He laughed softly as he held his head, clearly in pain. I smacked him lightly on his arm, frowning in response to his words.

"Listo para la escuela?" Nano asked, adjusting his mirror so he could see me, and at that moment I rolled my eyes. Samu nodded in response to his brother, before putting his headphones on and leaning on the window as if to sleep. Nano continued to look in the mirror at me as if waiting for me to say something, but I had nothing to say.

"Little Italia. Is there a problem? You didn't reply to my texts this morning. You've barely said two words to me. What is going on?" I glanced up to see him staring into my soul, and I was almost at a loss for words. I shook my head at him, sarcastically giggling to myself. "One question. How's Marina? Bet you had fun last night." He stares at me wide-eyed as if surprised he had been caught out, and he glanced at his brother to check if he had heard. Stupid boy.

"How did you-" "I saw you leave together. I can't believe you'd do that to Samuel." He shook his head as we pulled up to the school, turning to me as he spoke. "We clearly need to talk. Call me when you finish school." Samuel then opens his eyes, pulling his headphones off, before realizing we've arrived. "Vamos Jada." He said, opening the door and getting out, and I followed his lead, ignoring Nano's words, heading into the hell hole that is this school. Let's just say I most definitely wasn't ready for school and the drama, and I had a zero tolerance for bullshit today - especially with my head pounding the way it is. As I walked up to the school, I really wanted to turn around and walk away but knew I couldn't. And that's when I saw Marina at the top of the stairs, waving at me as I struggled to walk up all those stairs.

"Today is going to be a fucking nightmare," I mumbled to myself as I came face to face with the rich princesses, Carla, Lu, and Marina.

Fuck.