Life Lessons

You liked living with Aizawa, for someone who was relatively quiet and perpetually annoyed, he made sure you were comfortable and adapting to all the new information you were being bombarded with. He helped the big new world seem a bit less intimidating through his silent care and sarcastic quips. The more time you spent together the more he realized how completely and utterly lacking you were in normal ways of life. 

Hell, you didn't even know what ice cream was. There were a lot of things he wasn't sure how to explain but he was going to make sure you had some kind of foundation of normal life before you could be taken away.

His biggest task was explaining laws, morals, and teaching you that death was more than dying. You were young but he needed you to understand that fact so when he deemed you ready enough to at least go outside, he brought you to meet a family who lost their son to a murder. Getting to see the pain in their faces as they talked helped more than anything else to teach you that killing someone affected people's lives more than you were told, that it was wrong and hurt people in the same way you were when you had lost your only friends.

Though you weren't overly loud, you were a curious kid and you liked to learn. You still struggled with expressing yourself and understanding feelings, Aizawa wasn't the biggest help because he wasn't the most expressive person. You watched movies and the like to see people's feelings towards different situations. Some of them annoyed you but you were beginning to learn. One day you wanted to understand your own feelings swirling inside of you. Although he was ok with you learning to feel, Aizawa was immensely glad you weren't a big cryer, even if learning not to cry was through painful methods when you were little.

You and your dark haired almost 'dad' were sitting in an outdoor training ground Nezu gave you access too so you could train. He was getting an assessment of your skills to see what you could work on together and to see if you were really incapable of using your quirk in non-dire situations. Using it successfully once or twice was nothing, anyone could use their quirk past their potential when in a dire situation it was what you could do normally that mattered.

Having some semblance of normalcy by training, all while teaching you that it was supposed to be fun and not scary, was supposed to help you adjust better and help you connect with your guardian.

"If I'm right, your quirk was suppressed when your feelings were blocked, you couldn't feel what was going on inside of you so it prohibited you from using it for more than causing yourself pain. I'm going to train you to make sure you can use it properly and find your limits." He stood back from you and commanded you to emit as much light as you could. You were able to feel it from the pit of your gut and project it out but it didn't do anything other than glow, you were unable to solidify it or make it take shape but you did produce more than you ever did practicing at home.

When he had a gage of your—pathetic unless trying to be glow stick—baseline levels, he formulated a training plan. Aizawa would make you produce no more than a baseball sized orb and work on shifting it from solid to intangible as well as control the direction and movement. When you became proficient, he'd make you up the time you could hold it before it would negatively react to your body. He wanted to push your limits and having a basic control was the foundation of you (hopefully) being able to do anything more than light up a room.

After training you learned about heated blankets and sweatpants and the world had never been the same.

To train the speed and accuracy of my your, Aizawa released a bunch of foam balls to fall from the sky and you had to try and hit each one with a construct before they could hit the ground. It took months to even work up to 10, but the longer you worked at it the more you were able to do. It forced you to increase your speed, output, and control all in one. Even then, the strength of a solidified construct wasn't that strong, they broke and dissipated easily, it couldn't even hold your bodyweight for more than a second. It was something you were determined to work on for the rest of your life.