What is a hero

After school you went back to the hospital with Aizawa, he was getting another round of healing while you were going to do whatever Sachiko had planned. She was keeping very tight lipped on the subject matter and you were extremely curious on what you were going to learn. As soon as you entered the hospital, you were assaulted with the sterilized scent of antiseptic. It was not a pleasant smell, it made sense on why so many people avoided this place like the plague. 

It smelled nothing of comfort like a house would, everything was so...white and it was just unnerving. Plus the slew of sick and dying people mulling around was just so sad. The only thing that made up for the shitty hospital feel was seeing Sachiko, her smile was so soft and kind, so comforting it made even the most drab room seem better.

She was just so warm and no matter where you were, you just knew she would make you feel safe and loved, she was just that kind of person. She was dressed in her little nurse outfit, a fuzzy teddybear pinned on her top of the soft emerald scrubs. There were pink ribbons pinning her curls back and a lollypop sticking out of the top of her breast pocket. 

Behind her, there was a wagon filled with what looked like children books and stuffed animals, all looking well loved with the patchwork of offhanded fabric keeping the stuffing from coming out. The wagon behind her just confused you that much more. Her eyes seemed to glow and her smile widened just enough to show her teeth as she saw you.

"Hi Name-chan. How was school today sweetie?" Her energy just seemed to make you feel better, more calm. Your lips quirked up into the smallest of smiles and your calculating eyes took in everything, trying to piece everything together. That got another happy look from her, she knew you were confused and was so excited to show you everything. She hoped it would help you grow and figure out who you wanted to be.

"Good, I made a friend...kind of. He's kind of an asshole but he want's to train with me after school tomorrow to prepare for the sports festival." Sachiko covered her mouth with her hand and let out an airy laugh.

"He sounds fun. Be sure to not overdo it, your wings are still fragile and I wouldn't like to see you in a hospital bed again." You shrugged, feeling oddly shy about her blatant concern for your well being.

"I'll try, Bakguou doesn't seem like one to take things easy and I can't slack off."

"I know sweetie, I could tell just from meeting you. Especially if you live with someone as headstrong as Aizawa-san." You snickered at that, she was right. Aizawa would refuse help to the best of his ability always, he was a stubborn asshole sometimes and you loved that about him. You followed behind her, your school shoes clicking on the linoleum flooring with each step. You turned down a hallway and was met with excited cheering and noises coming from a room on the left. Your eyes flicked up to see the hallway, it was the children's sick bay. You quirked an eyebrow at Sachiko, questioning why she thought bringing you to children would help you find out becoming a hero.

"Why are we here?" She smiled brightly at you, stopping right outside the playroom that all the noise was coming from.

"Well, I thought that since you missed out on childhood, there is a lot you didn't learn. So, maybe by spending time with children, you can learn from them and their imaginations. Sometimes people who seem to know the least will teach you the most, and maybe...they'll help you find your reasoning for a hero." Her cheeks flushed red hoping she wasn't making a fool of herself by sounding overly optimistic and stupid like some of the other nurses have told her. 

You were pensive, thinking deeply about it before making a decision. How bad could it be. Hizashi took you to hold the babies, this shouldn't be all that more difficult.

"I guess...let's do it. What am I supposed to do with them exactly?" Last time you were truly around children that were old enough to talk they were on their way to being sold in the underground, somehow you felt like this would be a bit different when they aren't scared out of their minds.