Recovery

You woke up and it felt like you had molasses moving through your veins as you groggily returned to the land of the conscious. Everything was heavy and it felt like you were processing in slow motion. There was an annoying beeping sound and you felt hazy as you forced yourself to wake up. Your eyes flitted open and you narrowed your dull eyes as they adjusted to the bright white of the lights above you.

You felt constricted and brought your hand up to your face where there was a mask aiding in your breathing. You pulled it off and felt your chest constrict then breath in normally, the sterile smell of the hospital was blatantly evident. With a slow and forced movement you sat up and could feel the slight jolt of pain that would have been much worse if it weren't for the morpheme being pumped into your bloodstream.

Hatsume had her head lying on the edge of your bed, cradling the hand that she fixed in her arms. Her hair was thrown back into a messy ponytail and she was coated in a layer of grease from the endless hours she spent working, there was even still a screw driver clenched between her teeth-that you carefully pulled out and set beside her.

 On one of the chairs in your room, Kayama was sleeping as well, out of her hero costume and into casual clothing. With a hiss you craned your neck to look at your back, hoping that what you were thinking was not true. A sigh of relief left your mouth as you saw heavily bandaged wings. You flexed one and although it hurt, you smiled knowing the pain means they still work.

They're still there.

A nurse walked into your room and when she saw you awake and sitting up she smiled politely.

"Hello [Name]-san, I'm Oda Sachiko you can just call me Sachiko-chan! I'm just going to check your vitals and bandages ok." She was in her mid 20's, had light silver hair that was pulled up into a small ponytail and big brown eyes that were striking like a smooth chocolate honey.

"Oh um, sure." She hurried to your side and maneuvered around Hatsume effortlessly as she checked over dials and changed out your drip.

"I'm happy to see you awake, you had some pretty nasty injuries but All Might saved you. Isn't that amazing!"

"Thank you, do you know anything about Shouta Aizawa? He was entered at the same time as me I think." Her smile softened but the bright look on her face never dimmed.

"Oh yes! He's actually a few rooms down. He hasn't woken up yet but from what Recovery Girl has said, he's a fighter and should be up anytime soon. You're his daughter right?" You breathed out and smiled, he is stubborn and you'd kill him if he let himself die like that.

"More or less."

"Perfect, as soon as he wakes up, I'll take you to see him!" The bright, yet calm energy she carried was peaceful and as she mindlessly talked to you about things, you felt yourself relax. "Ok [Name]-san I'm going to press along your stitches and you tell me if you can feel anything ok?" You nodded and felt as her fingers gently brushed against your back and then a searing pain as she pressed down along the edges of your wings. You grit your teeth and fisted the covers in your free hand.

"Ahh I can feel all of it." Her hands retracted and she smiled in sympathy.

"I know it sucked but that's amazing news, it means all the nerves are working and other than a few scars your wings should work just as well as before." Sachiko grabbed a roll of clean white bandages. "Please just relax and let me do all the movement for you so I can bandage everything properly." You let yourself basically go limp as she moved the bandages around and around covering the stitches and holding your wings in a resting position so they wouldn't be able to move without you putting in a lot of force. She replaced the cotton pad on your cheek as well before leaving to bring you food, promising to sneak in extra pancakes as well since you need the calories.