Dianne- Thirty

"Nooo," Joe groaned seeing Dianne sat up in bed, a cup of coffee in her hands.

"Good morning to you too," she replied, leaning down to kiss Joe's head.

"You're not meant to be awake, it's the day of your birth and you're 30 and you shouldn't be awake at..." Joe stopped to look at the clock, "7:30"

"Sorry, it's habit," she said, kissing his lips, "anyway, it's a normal day babe, nothing special,"

"No it's not everyday your girlfriend turns 30." Joe said, "happy birthday me love," Joe rolled over so he was on his back, looking directly up at her.

"Thanks babe, but honestly I don't need anything, I have all I want," she beamed, as Joe sat up next to her and wrapped her tightly in a hug. It was true, she couldn't have felt more content if she tried, this was it for her. He was it. He was all she ever needed.

"Well whoops, because I may or may not have got you a few things," Joe said with a big grin because he knew she had already said she didn't want any presents.

"Joseph!" Dianne scalded, hitting his side lightly.

"Dianne," Joe mocked back, the same grin still just as wide on his face.

"I made you a cup of tea darl," Dianne said to him, reaching behind herself to hand him the vw mug which was full of liquid that was just the perfect temperature for drinking.

"Thanks, you shouldn't have bub," Joe kissed her head and took a gentle sip of the liquid, "if you go over to the wardrobe your gifts are there waiting for you"

"Joe" she pouted. This was already set up to be the best birthday ever.

///

"Joe, I can't go up there," she said, freezing in front of the windmill, one foot in the steps.

"Yes you can, I'll be right behind you if you fall I'll break it," Joe said, hands going to her waist.

"Alfie's up there to pull you in too Dianne," Zöe pointed out Alfie who was ready poking his head out of the top.

"Right Angel, take your shoes off and I'll hold them and you start going up and I'll be right behind kay?" Joe turned her to look at him. She nodded, slipped her shoes off and took a deep breath. She slowly started climbing, Joe's hand not leaving her waist.

"Here, give me your hand Dianne," Alfie said from behind his camera.

"I've got it, how the fuck am I ment to get down though?" Dianne said, as Joe came in after her, sticking her shoes down.

"No one's fallen so I'm sure you'll be fine." The worker of the windmill said.

"Look at you conquering your fear of hights on your 30th." Joe high-fived her and pulled her close, kissing her quickly, knowing she needed it.

"You two are just so cute honestly, you've turned him all mushy Dianne which is just great," Zöe said, making the pair blush.

"You have," Joe's hand snaked behind Dianne's neck, his fingertips gracing the tattoo, "happy birthday my love" and he kissed her again, soft and slow but full of love.