Dianne- Thirty Three

"Thanks for watching strictly come dancing the professionals tour 2022, we've been your cast," Dianne said into a microphone.

"Neil Jones,"

"Katya,"

"Johannes,"

"Amy,"

"Giovanni,"

"AJ Pritchard"

"Oti,"

"Graziano Di Prima,"

"Karen,"

"And I've been Dianne Buswell, thank you so much, especially for all the love and birthday wishes" she waved, and she stepped back to hold onto AJ and Giovanni's hands.

"Hold on Red, we've got a little something," AJ said, as the rest of the cast stepped back.

Dianne confusedly looked around, repeatedly looking at her collegues. That is until she spotted someone she did expect too see. He couldn't be there. It was impossible, he was in Switzerland with Tom, working on a project that couldn't be moved. But there he was, clear as day, in a suit jacket and ripped jeans, microphone in his hand.

"What are you doing here?" Dianne shouted over the claps of the crowd.

He shrugged and smiled at her, waiting for the crowd to settle a little.

"Dianne, you're it for me" Joe started, into the microphone, "You have been it since the day I met you." He punctuated with a smile, clearly remembering his first glimpse of her, "I can't describe how you make me feel. It's like I'm filled up with helium when I'm with you, so light and effortless. Not to mention just looking at you makes me dizzy with love. Like not a single thing matters in this world apart from you. You are incredible and understanding and talented and beautiful and completely it for me. I'm not one for projecting love everywhere I go, you and I both know that. But, with you, it becomes increasingly harder to stop myself from climbing the highest mountain and screaming how much I love you for the whole world to hear. I makes me want to walk down the street and tell everyone how bloody lucky I am that I have you." He stepped forward a little so he was closer to her.

"We've got Hugo, but I want more, so, so much more. I want the wedding and the kids and the indestructible, indispensable love that fills you from you head to your toes. And I don't want to wait another day for that. Not another day to ask you this." Joe stopped and reached into his pocket.

By now Dianne was a mess, tears down her face, hands shaking. "I hope you don't mind me asking you this on stage, but," he took a deep breath, "forever?" Joe asked, kneeling down, the microphone now on the floor so it was just the two of them that could have heard his question.

Dianne just nodded and flung herself into him, as the crowd went wild and the cast members all surrounded them in a group hug.

Joe pulled back and shaking, slotted the ring onto her finger. Dianne sobbed more and pulled him into a kiss, getting more of a cheer.

"Best best best birthday ever, thank you," she sobbed into his shoulder, as she looked at the ring he had just placed on her finger. Enternally happy.