Joe- Twenty Nine

When Joe woke up on his twenty ninth birthday he was immediately filled with happiness. Sat up next to him, watching back a clip of her dancing from the day before, was the woman he was certain he was going to marry some day. As he rolled over, pressing his face into the fleece covered pillow, she noticed and smiled.

Wordlessly, she sunk down next to him and kissed him, their noses squashing against each other. Joe opened his eyes once she pulled away and a toothy grin spread out on his morning face.

"I'm 29!"

"You're 29!" She confirmed, kissing him again. The early morning haze; the gap between alert and asleep, was her favourite version of the floppy haired, heart capturing boy, that she had fallen hard for. He was cuddly and childlike and, in her eyes, perfect.

"Can we stay in bed today?" Joe requested, wanting just cuddles and kisses and nothing more.

"Sounds perfect," she said, pulling his head onto her chest.

"Can get a takeaway and stuff?" Joe asked, with a yawn.

"Course we can, its your birthday. What do you want for breakfast?" She asked him, combing her hand through his hair.

"Nothing, I want to sleep more," Joe replied making her laugh.

"Very well then, can I put the TV on though?" She asked, not feeling tired at all.

"Yep, night," and in that instance he closed his eyes and began to fall back to sleep, visions of the girl next to him swimming into his mind, like normal, spreading a smile on his face.

When Joe woke up next, the red head had gone, her chest replaced by a pillow. Becoming more alert, Joe could hear the shower on and said red head belting out a rather flat version of 'Its Raining Men', making Joe's smile spread ever wider. Deciding to film it for Instagram he grabbed his phone and got out of bed, moving closer to the bathroom door.

"Absolutely soaking wet. Its raining men hallelujah..." he captured, his laugh audible in the back of the video. Going back to his bed he captioned it 'Birthday serenade courtesy of @/diannebuswell ❤' and posted it, right as the shower turned off.

"Beautiful singing voice babe," Joe shouted, laughing more as he heard Dianne scream.

"Joe! You frightened the life out of me, don't do that, I thought you were still asleep," Dianne reprimanded him, coming around the corner, her hair and body wrapped in towels. 

"Nope! Go back in the bathroom, I don't want you dripping dye on my nice clean carpet." he spun her around and pushed her back in the direction of the bathroom. he stood up and followed her this time, wanting to be with her. he watched, as she dropped the towel and pulled some underwear and a bra on, not breaking eye contact with him the entire time. 

"Stop staring, you're creeping me out, it's not like you haven't seen it all before," she said, as she took her hair out of the towel and began to pull her brush through it

"I'm admiring, you're stunning," Joe said unapologetically, smiling the goofy, slightly bashful smile, that had made her fall in love with him, "and you're with me!"

"that I am, so is it when you turn Twenty Nine that you have to compliment everything about your redheaded girlfriend?" Dianne questioned, tracking his movements, watching him stand up and walk over so his head was parallel with her's in the large mirror. 

"something like that," hands had travelled to her waist, lips to her bare cheek, "I just feel lucky that I get to wake up next to you today and tomorrow and the next," he explained, watching as she parted her hair and tied the top half up, ready to blow-dry.