Chapter 1

Lucy's Pov

I'm broke and I need to pay my rent this week. I went to the guild and found Natsu. "Hey Natsu!"

He looked at me with a dull look, "Oh, hey Lucy." He said plainly and placed his head on the table.

"What's wrong?" I asked, sitting infront of him.

"Nothing," He replied bluntly.

Natsu seems off. He's not usually like this and I prefer seeing him fighting with Gray than seeing him not being himself. So maybe I will I cheer him up!

"So Natsu, how about we go on a job and after that let's have fun?" I asked, trying to brighten him up. He shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.

"Not in the mood," He answered not looking at me. I pressed my lips into a thin line and sighed. I stood up and went to the job board. Since Natsu doesn't want to go on a job with me then I'll go by myself then since I'm really in a need of money for my rent.

"Hmmm, what should I pick?" I mummbled to myself and then my eyes caught a perfect job and maybe Natsu would love to go because of the prize.

CAPTURE THE FOOD THIEVES AT HARGEON
PRIZE: 300,000 Jewels and FREE FOOD BUFFET!

This should brighten Natsu's mood! I grab the flyer and heard a laugh, not just a laugh but Natsu's laugh! I turn my head to see Natsu and somehow my heart broke into pieces. I saw him laughing with Lisanna. They were very happy and I can't help myself but to feel jealousy. I mean, I tried to brighten him up earlier but he even won't face me but Lisanna? Damn, I feel useless.

"Sup Lucy," I flinch in surprise when Gray tap my shoulder.

"Hey Gray," I said and decided to leave them be. If Natsu's happy with Lisanna then fine. I'm just his friend and I know he likes Lisanna because of their past.

"Taking a job with Natsu?" Mira asked and approved the job for me.

"Nope, I'm going by myself," I corrected her and she was shock at first but when she saw Natsu with Lisanna she sighed. She must have understand me.

"Okay, but atleast go with someone. This job is quite dangerous though," Mira suggested but I scoffed.

"It's alright Mira," I reassured her.

"Are you sure?" She asked in concern and I nodded my head. I was about to leave when someone called me.

"Wait up Lucy!" It was Gray.

"Can I tag along?" He asked and I tilted my head in confusion.

"I also need money to pay my rent and I was hoping team Natsu would go for a job but Natsu isn't in the mood and Erza, Wendy, and Juvia already went on a job." He explained.

I thought for a while and nodded my head in approval, "Okay!"

Mira's Pov

What the chicken nuggets happened to my Nalu ship?? Now Gray is going on a job with Lucy instead of Natsu. I stomp my hands at the counter and glance at Natsu and Lisanna. They were having a fun conversation and I just can't take it.

I actually saw Lucy and Natsu earlier and Natsu just made the wrong move by not paying attention to Lucy or shall I say ignoring her. I mean, what's with the sudden mood of Natsu? Usually he's the one getting a job with Lucy and will always persuade her to go on a job with him but today is different.

I will not fail my Nalu and I will talk to Lisanna later about this situation.

~•~•~•~

Hi guys!! 🤗 How's the first chapter?? If you like it do comment or vote! I will update if this book will receive love and support ✌

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated😉💜

-joy💕