Chapter 25

Twenty-four hours later, George comes downstairs and sighs "He didn't use." I give an impressed look and he continues "I think he's coming out of it."

I look towards the junky bag in his hand and ask "So, what's the plan now? Is he off of bedroom arrest?"

George nodd, before explaining "He's in the shower. You might want to watch him. Make sure he doesn't faint."

I nod, before heading up the stairs. When I slip into the bathroom, I find his outline washing his hair "What do you want?" he calls over the shower door.

"Just making sure you don't drop dead." I state and he continues with himself. When he gets dressed, I sigh "George was worried about you. He wasn't doing it before he didn't care. He did it to see if you really wanted to change."

"I know." Draco states as he buttons his pants "I could hear him up and down the stairs. He reeked of worry. As did everyone." he pulls on his shirt, before sighing "You've got a great family."

I hum, before stating "Stick with me, they're your family, too."

He looks to me and asks "So, you want me to be in your life?" in confusion, I nod and he crosses his arms "Are you sure about that?"

"Of course!" I exclaim, before stepping towards him as he looks to the ground "You might not, but I love you, Draco."

He gives an unbelieving gock, before shaking his head "I don't understand how someone like you ends up with someone like me."

I furrow my brow, before stating "Draco, I spent more than a decade, living in a closet. Literally."

He sighs, before declaring "I'm not the same, when I'm sober. I'm cranky, and I snore, and I have trouble getting through the day."

I shrug, before stepping towards him "Then I'll get to date sober Draco." He looks up at me, teary eyed "What's wrong?"

He shakes his head, before declaring "I've had a lot of sex." I give a confused look and he nods "Like a lot." he states, before shrugging "The only relationship I've ever had, was with Blaise. And he took my heart, and he crushed it. I was just arse to him."

I wrap my arm around his waist and insist "You're not just arse to me." He sighs and I rest my chin on his shoulder "Blaise should have treated you better."

His lip quivers, before he sobs "I loved him, so much." he shakes his head, before wiping his eyes "More than I've ever loved anyone."

~

When Draco and I sit at the kitchen table, Molly asks "Are you hungry?" Draco groans, before shaking his head "Think you can manage some soup?"

I nudge him "I believe in you." As she places a bowl of chicken soup in front of him "You've got this."

Silently, he spoons the soup into his mouth, and Molly asks "Would you like a roll, darling?" Draco shrugs, tiredly, and she hand over and warm roll.

"Thanks." he murmurs, before asking "When can I go see my mum?" Molly takes a seat and he shakes his head "I don't have long with her."

I think for a second, before stating "We can go the day after tomorrow, when you're a little less fluy."

He nods, before sniffling "When is the full moon?"

"Next week." Bill states as he sits at the table "Nine days until the full moon is at it's peak. Think you're up for it?"

Draco cocks an eyebrow to him and states "I'm bursting for a fag." I sigh and he pulls the roll apart "I'll be fine."

"Good." Charlie replies, before sitting across from me "I want to see the transformation, up close."

"Trust me." I but in "You really don't."

~

The next day, a letter from the ministry arrives for Draco. Silently, I sit and watch the light drain from his eyes.

After a long moment, he sits the letter down and look up, brokenly "Draco?" I ask, but he doesn't reply.

I take the note and read it aloud "We regret to inform you that Narcissa Malfoy was declar-" I stop dead in my tracks and look at him nervously, before continuing "Declared brain dead at 2:59 AM this morning. She is to be kept on life support until her immediate family signs to take her off. Many sorrow, Petiva Evershort, head of wizard resources."

I place it down and ask "Would you like to go visit her?" he shakes his head and I nervously ask "Why not?"

"She's dead." he states, before looking down at the table "She's gone, and they decided to keep her body, alive. It's insulting to leave her like that."

I rest my hand on top of his and state "If you want to put her to rest, we can go sign the paperwork."

He shakes his head again and states "I just need her to be alive, for a little bit longer. Just to get me through withdrawal."

He looks completely emotionless, and all I can force out is a anxious "Draco?"

"Don't." he orders, before pulling his hands away "Just don't."

Silently, he stands, and walks up the stairs. In confusion, George walks into the kitchen and takes the note from me "Shite." he sighs, before looking to me "I'll go talk to him."

"He wants to be alone." I state and he rolls his eyes "Seriously, I don't think you should mess with him."

George takes a seat in Draco's and declares "He doesn't want to be alone. He wants to be with his mum." he taps his fingers on the table "He wants someone you understands what he's going through."

Silently, he stands and starts up the stairs. When I hear speaking above, I sit on the platform to listen.

All I can hear, is crying. Knowing that he's in pain, hurts me, dearly. Knowing I can't help him hurts me worse.