Chapter 26

As we stand in the base of the Phoenix compound, Dudley asks "How bad is this going to be, brov?"

Draco sighs as Bill chains his wrist "The first transition could possibly kill me." Dudley's eyes go wide and he nods us off "You should probably go."

Bill motions everyone out and I stand in front of Draco "I'll be right upstairs." I try to place a kiss on his lips, but he jerks away.

He shakes his head "It's too close to the full moon. If my saliva gets in your mouth, we'll be sharing this cell."

I give a weak smile, before resting my forehead on his "I wouldn't bother me all that much."

I place a kiss on his forehead, before walking towards the cell door and locking it. When I walk up the stairs, the Weasleys and the Dursleys look at me, nervously.

Silently, I take a seat and we wait. It's not five minutes later that an agonized scream escapes the floor board, causing all of us to jump.

Growling escapes as I hear pops and snaps. When a large pops sounds out, Draco screams out in pain.

I can't catch my breath and I can't stand to sit still. My body functions without my knowledge as I travel up the stairs to be alone.

As soon as I reach Sirius's room, I sink to the ground and sob as the tortured screams from the basement.

Hours pass, and it isn't until midnight that the screams stop. My body shivers as I hear an amazingly beautiful howl.

Silently, I wipe the eyes from my face and start down the stairs. When I get down, I walk straight up to the basement door and open it wide "What are you doing?" Petunia whispers.

I furrow my brow "Do you want to see a werewolf?" she waves Dudley over and we step onto the stairs "He can kill you with a scratch, understand?" they nod and I whisper "If he manages to get anything loose, come back upstairs."

Silently, we patter down the stairs as I hear chains rattling. When we reach the bottom, I poke my head around the corner.

The moonlight casted from the tiny basement window, radiates off of his unpigmented fur. His claws are as long as his smallest phalange, and he has to hunch to stand.

Standing around ten foot, he's even taller than Remus was. Hesitantly, I step off the stairway and his green eyes lock with mine.

Petunia and Dudley poke their heads around, before darting back up the stairs. He growls, before snapping out at me.

He starts towards me, easily slipping out of his cuffs. Nervously, I run up up the stairs and turn to the Weasley family "Seal the door! He's gotten out of his cuffs!"

They look between one another, before sealing the basement shut as Bill asks "He's out of all of them?"

I shake my head "Just the wrists." he sighs, before looking back to Molly "Why? He's still loose?"

He pulls out his wand and looks to Molly "Open it." we give him a barking look and he declares "He's going to kill himself trying to get the collar off. I need to go in there and take it off."

"Are you barking?" George asks and Bill shakes his head, before looking to Fleur "No, if any of us go, it'll be me!"

"Werewolves recognize other werewolves, George!" Bill states, before motioning towards his face "If he doesn't see me as a wolf, then I won't walk into the cell." He turns to Molly "Open it."

Reluctantly, she opens it and he patters down the stairs. Moments pass, before he screams up "Close the door! Now!" it's followed by a howl, which is cut short by Molly slamming the door.

Hours pass with all of us wonder what's happening below, until there's a knock on the basement door.

Instantly, Charlie open it and Bill barges in to grab powdered silver and dittany oil "Are you hurt?" Fleur asks as Bill rips the blanket off the back of the couch.

"No, Draco is." he states, before darting down the stairs. He stops only to tell us "He's detransitioning."

I take that as a cue to follow him. At the bottom of the stairs, Draco lays, naked, on the ground. The cage is shut, and I can hear loud popping and cracking. A bloody gash runs over both cheeks and his nose at an angle. Another runs straight down his neck.

The rest of the Weasleys and the Dursleys run down and Ginny remarks "Way to go, Harry." I furrow my brow at her and she asks "Wrong time?"

"Yeah." Hermione states, before asking Bill "How long until we can help him?" I jump as a loud crack comes from the cell.

Bill opens the gate and step in, urgently falling on his knees to aid Draco "Hermione, check for a pulse."

He covers Draco up as I place Draco's head in my lap. As he sprinkles silver on Draco's wounds, I drop dittany oil after him.

Once the wounds are gone, I pat his cheek and his nose ruffles like it does when he wakes up in the morning. His eyes open a crack and a smile spread across my face "Hey." I whisper.

Hermione and Bill share a look, before standing up and looking towards George, who orders "Clear out you arrows! This'll be sappy enough for us listening in!"

They walk out of the cell and he looks up, before declaring "I love you, too." he looks up at me tiredly.

I give a questioning look and he speaks tiredly as he takes in deep breaths "I... could hear you... pacing upstairs. Could smell your... worry. I wanted to... comfort you."

I rest my forehead on his and speak softly "You were in agony, and you thought of me?" He gives a tired hum and I pat his chest "Let's get you to bed."

I help him up and walk him up the stairs into the living room. He shields his eyes from the morning light as I sit him down on an armchair.

Silently, I open his wolfbane tonic and rest the plunger on his lips. After a moment, he opens his mouth.

After giving him his tonic, I turn towards Bill and explain "I'm going to take him back to the dorm and help him through the rest of the cycle."

Bill furrows his brow, before insisting "No swapping DNA of ANY kind." I give a confused look and he insists "If he so much as sweats, get out of his way."

"Noted."