- II | We've All Got Secrets -

C h a p t e r  T w o
W e' v e  a l l  g o t  s e c r e t s

"Where is everybody?!" Michelle shrieked, slamming her down on the reception desk and ringing the bell more times than your ears can take. "I mean, hellllllooooooooo?!"

The group wandered the lobby of the Celestial aimlessly, still coming to terms with the fact that not a single soul could be seen.

"Sooooo this'll make for one weird ass yelp review." Sean frowned, running a finger over a table and glancing down at the dust on the tip as if it was the strangest thing he had ever seen.

"The hotel staff knew we were coming this week, right? This is not good." Grace mumbled, toying at the ends of her orange sweater. How she could still be wearing that in this heat was beyond your knowledge.

"What are you complaining about, dweeb? An entire hotel to ourselves in this paradise? This is sick!" Craig looked delighted, and had plopped himself down in one of the extremely comfortable chairs in front of the large glass window, sighing to himself.

"Craig has a point, to be honest." You said, shrugging your shoulders. "The only thing better than a week in paradise is a private week in paradise. I say we make the most of our luck. Lighten up a little, Grace." You tried to sound nice, you really did, but the small frown that appeared on Grace's face made you feel instantly guilty.

I'll have to make it up to her later.

Craig reached forward and ruffled your hair, hardly having to lift out of his seat. The 6'2 man really dwarfed your 5'3 frame. "Ha ha, yeah! Elena and me got our brains on the same wavelength!"

That doesn't sound good.

You thought bitterly as Zhara scoffed. "Might want to get that checked out, Elena. Sounds terminal."

Raj popped his head behind the bar and grinned, eyes greedily scanning the numerous rows of alcohol. "At least the booze is still here! Who's up for a Mai Tai?"

Diego gingerly reached across the table and picked up a half full wine glass sitting beside a lounge chair. The lipstick stain on the rim looked rather fresh. Diego seemed to notice it too. "Check it out, Elena. Fresh lipstick on the rim." He pointed. "It's like everybody just suddenly up and left."

"But without their luggage? Why?" Quinn asked, wringing out her damp red hair into the rather fancy waste paper bin by the door.

Maybe there's a notification from the app that might tell us what's going on. You thought, remembering the La Huerta guide app you had all been required to download before you came. If there was some sort of accident that requires a hotel-wide evacuation, there would have been a notification sent out informing the guests that weren't at the resort to get to safety immediately. You reached into your pocket for your phone, and frowned at the lack of signal.

"Hey, check your phones. Do any of you have cell service?" You asked, frowning when the others took their phones from their pockets and shook their heads.

"Maybe they don't got any towers here." Craig shrugged half heartedly, tossing his phone down onto the table.

"Of course this island has cell phone towers, you colossal buffoon." Aleister snapped, running a pale hand through his ice-like hair.

"And how would you know that?!" Zhara asked.

Aleister blanched and stammered under her accusatory glare. "I - well of course, I - Perhaps because I'm not a complete imbecile? They were plainly visible in the distance on our approach!"