- VIII | Pies Make Peace -

Warning: this chapter will contain language, large amounts of alcohol, and extremely mild mature content. Viewer discretion is advised. (I've always wanted to say that in a robotic voice omg XD)

C h a p t e r S e v e n
P i e s m a k e p e a c e.

You awoke in your suite the next morning bleary eyed and exhausted. Furball was lying curled up beside you, gently kneading your side with his paws.

Diego knocked lightly on the door and poked his head in. "Hey, Elena, ready for breakfast?" He asked, sending a lopsided grin in your direction. You sent him a sleepy glare and gestured lazily down at your pyjama clad figure, clearly saying no.

He raised an eyebrow at you, and you rolled your eyes as you forced yourself from the comforts of your bed and performed a set of exhausted jazz hands.

"Fine. I'm always ready for breakfast. But do you think things are going to be cool in there? That fight yesterday was pretty heated." You said as you reached into your wardrobe to pull out a camo tank top and a pair of black high waisted shorts.

"People fight all the time. How could anyone stay mad in a paradise like this?" Diego shrugged off the comment as you ran a brush through your hair and moved to brush your teeth.

You seriously hoped he was right.

He was wrong.

He was so so goddamn wrong.

The minuet you stepped into the restaurant you felt the heavy, angry silence hanging over the room. It smothered and suffocated you to the point where your cheeks flushed. The only things the buffet table had to offer were cold bagels and dry cereal. The usual banter, smiles, and jokes had vanished into thin air.

Half of the group, the ones who had goofed off at the beach, were on one side and the room, and the other by the windows. A furious silence enveloped them all.

"Welp, I was wrong about that." Diego said bluntly, making you snort and shake your head as you looked up at him. Jake stood up to get himself a helping, cutting right in front of you.

"And where do you think you're going?" Sean asked him, getting to his feet from across the room angrily, striding over to block his path.

"Getting myself another bagel, Sergeant Buzzkill. Got a problem with that?"

"Not everyone's gotten a bagel yet. Since you're not big on contributing to the team, the least you could do is wait til everyone else has a turn."

The least you can do? Seriously? Jake literally dove into a burning building to save my life and more than risked his own in the first place, not to mention the way that he was the one who navigated us to the shelter and allowed us to actually get a clue about what was going on around here. And what had Sean done other than sit off his ass and find a locked computer that none of us could get into anyway?

"What are you, the breakfast police? Get out of my way." Jake scoffed, cutting off your internal monologue.

"Sit. Your. Ass. Down." Sean threatened menacingly, and your eyes widened at his murderous tone. You had had enough.

"Did I miss an election where we voted you Supreme Leader, Sean? Because otherwise, I don't know why you think you can tell people what they can and can't do." You snapped, crossing your arms over your chest. Sean turned to glare down at you and shook his head in disappointment.