bees

My ceiling has those squiggly things on them. Ever since i was a kid I'd always stare up at it and try to connect the little lines; I'd make an imaginary pathway for some tiny upside down people to walk on. I found myself doing that again, as i thought and thought and thought. Gerard filled my head. His pale skin and dark eyes seeping with bloodlust stung me like a swarm of bees.
Tap.
Probably more like wasps actually, since bees do some form of good in pollination.
Tap Tap.
Then again, it seemed like he was giving me oxygen. I don't know if I'd be able to breathe without him. So maybe bees works.
Thump.

"What the fu-"
A rather large rock collided with my window loudly, snapping me out of my trance. In my garden stood Gerard, eyebrows knitted together, holding a pebble. I opened my window cautiously.
"Hey... can you let me in?"

"Explain yourself." I snapped. "You might not- uh... promise you'll hear me out?" He mumbled, rubbing his thumb with his forefinger. I glared.
"I uh- I'm a vampire."
"Fuck off."
He looked intently at the carpet behind me.
"I'm completely serious."
I sat down on the bed, while he still perched outside my window. "I don't- I'm not dangerous. I steal bags of blood from hospitals, i don't-"
"I dont fucking care." I snarled. "I just want to know why you turned all Dracula on me while we were making out."
He flushed red a bit. "I haven't fed in a few days. I ran out of blood and my next opportunity to get some is next week. I don't know what to do..."
His hazel eyes met mine. I think hazel might be my favourite of all the colours.

"Feed off of me."

"What?" He snapped upright. "I can't, i might not be able to stop, i might-"
"It wont kill me right?"
"Well no-"
"Then it's settled."
He frowned slightly.
"Are you sure?"
"I trust you." I said, brushing my hair to the side so he had better access to my neck. I smiled slightly and tilted my head, scrunching my eyes shut. I had no idea what it would feel like.
"You uh- you have to invite me in"
"What?"
"I can't... i can't enter without a formal invitation" He mumbled, fascinated by his own fingernails.
"O-Oh.. come in?"

I could feel his hot breath against my neck. It sent shivers down my spine in anticipation. I felt his sharp teeth sink in and i winced. It wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be. I could feel everything, my blood leaving my body. It was almost calming to feel it. My head was spinning slightly so i tried to pull away, but Gerard latched on. "Gee, stop!" I almost screamed hammering at his back. He snapped away from me, pupils blown out. Some of my blood dripped down his chin as he stared at me. He grabbed my face and kissed me harshly, so i could taste the metallic pang of my own blood. I broke the kiss to breathe, gasping for air. He probably would be too if he needed to breathe.
"Thank you..." Gerard mumbled, hazel eyes looking right through me.
"Of course, yeah of course" i blurted. How i managed to form a sentence beats me.

I woke up with a tremendous headache. It felt like a lumberjack mistook me for a log of wood and my head was being split open with an axe. I stumbled awkwardly into the bathroom and threw up into the toilet. I didnt even remember last night until i was wiping my face with the back of my hand and flushing my vomit away. On my bed i found a blue post-it note with something scrawled on it laid on my pillow.
You probably have a bit of a headache, it'll be the bloodloss. You should stay off school, don't do anything to strenuous
xoxo - Gee
What a gentleman. I shouted something about being ill to my parents before collapsing on my bed, clutching the blue post-it note to my chest.

I didn't wake up until almost nine in the afternoon. It was already dark outside. Isnt winter just great? I sighed and checked my phone.
Zero new messages.
I flopped back on my bed in exasperation. The window creaked a little in the gentle wind, sending a cooling breeze throughout the room. Huh. I thought i closed that.
"Hey love, so you decided to wake up"
Gerard smirked, walking through my bedroom door.
"Where did you- how- Gee!"
He chuckled and sat down next to me, clutching a tray. I looked at him quizzically.
"I thought you'd need some food... so i picked this up. You don't- you dont mind do you?"
He smiled.
"Of course not!"
He passed me the tray, which consisted of McDonald's fries, a banana milkshake and a chicken burger.

We sat and talked on my bed for a while, about everything and anything. It's nice talking to him. When he's thinking he does a thing with his tongue where he slightly wiggles it around behind his bottom lip. That made me shudder
"You want one?" I said, holding out my packet of fries. He shook his head slightly. "Solid food's not really my thing. I'm more into the blood kind of sustenance" He chuckled at his own joke while i hid away in embarassment. God, this kid will be the death of me.